Thread: shiny happy newbikes

Default shiny happy newbikes

One of my many bosses has asked me if I will trial a new Tomahawk bike, soon to be released in the UK. Does anyone know anything about these apparently 2 new superbikes (if the price I was told is correct, they must be!). I have no wish to prejudge, as the proof of the biking is in the riding, but I also value others opinions.
    I am off to check out their website to see what, if anything they have to show.
    Cheers.
    Keep researching.
    Britspin.

2. Default

I posted a question about these bike a few moths ago but didn't hear much info on them.
    Anyway, we had 10 new ones and got rid of them after 3 months. People kept coming out of the clips. Also, when they rode in HP3, they felt as if they were going to go "OVER" the handle bars. They are more $$$ than our other 15 bikes (Schwinn) so by returning them, we were able to buy 11 new Schwinn bikes. Our members are happy (for now).
    I hope my response is constructive.

3. Default

I taught on them for a few months the thing that I didn't care for was the size of the saddle. Oh my so small and very uncomfortable. I was used to using schwin spinners the old ones. and the way the pedals felt it was a very different ride, it was not on a fixed gear, I much prefer the spinners.

THK Guest

Britspin,

New Tomahawk's will soon arrive in the UK We will keep this site updated on product launch dates so you can experience the Tomahawk difference...

We will let the ride speak for its self...
    rgds

THK

Quote Originally Posted by britspin
    One of my many bosses has asked me if I will trial a new Tomahawk bike, soon to be released in the UK. Does anyone know anything about these apparently 2 new superbikes (if the price I was told is correct, they must be!). I have no wish to prejudge, as the proof of the biking is in the riding, but I also value others opinions.
    I am off to check out their website to see what, if anything they have to show.
    Cheers.
    Keep researching.
    Britspin.

Default super bikes

Thanks for your replies...food for thought there, Hi THK, I could find no details on any website, not even a picture, launch date etc. Do you have any other info? I would like to know how the price is reflected in the construction.
    As for small saddles..bring it on, I ride a selle italia saddle that I have attached to a spare seatpost for our current bikes...the star trac V-bikes, so all my bikes, road, racing or fun (except my Raleigh Chopper!) have the same saddle, as I have the same bum (or ass if you prefer).
    Thanks again.
    Keep informing & sharing.
    Britspin.

Lexington, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by britspin
    ...the star trac V-bikes
    I have the same bikes- I just wanted to know what you thought of them. I really like them. They feel strong and secure, you can adjust them quickly and easily, the click tension system is so much better than the Schwinns I have used that don't click, the materials feel much better (I hate Schwinn's old (and possibly current; not sure) handlebar covering- it is just slick latex that makes you lose grip when your hands get sweaty. As well, the handlebars are slim, which I like. You can actually get your hand around them. Overall, I like these bikes quite a lot. They're the best that I've used (not that I've used many; Star Trac V-bike, Schwinn something or other, and a LeMond. The Lemond was more pleasant than the Schwinn, but it felt unsubstantial.)

Default V bikes

Hi Patrick.
    I love my V bikes, easy to adjust, micro adjust, easy to maintain, solid, stylish...altho' the latest Schwinn look the part too.
    We chose these as cyclists, we spent a whole day at LIW in Birmingham jumping on & off bikes (literally in some cases), and these fitted the bill perfectly, felt as close to a real bike as poss, adjusted up & down, fore & aft on both seat & handlebars, well I could go on, but I guess I am preaching to the converted.
    Keep on riding.
    Britspin.

Rashid Guest

If anyone is interested I just found this and it looks nice......!!!!

http://www.iconfitness.com/cgi-bin/n...cgrfnbr=555030

Enjoy.

p.s. I want one!

9. Default

I don't know how the Star Trac bikes are doing during these couple of years, but I know that the Tomahawk bikes and the Livestrong bikes have really penetrated the market! IMO, the build quality on these bikes are much better than some of the bigger brands out there. They use the belt drive system rather than traditional chain drive and this is just one of those like it or hate it kind of thing. Some users like the feedback feeling from the chain while others don't mind a smooth pedaling sensation from the belt.

Has anyone else been using the Tomahawk E/S series or the Matrix Livestrong E/S series in their gyms for a while? Can anyone provide some feedback for these? Things like quality issue? pedal issue? or certain parts needing replacement too often?

10. Default Tomahawk issues

I am a tech and service provider for JHTNA / Matrix. The bottom bracket is much different than normal as it has 4 bearings internally. I personally love these bikes. The only issue I have seen is if the crank arms have been over tightened, in time the shaft will crack and possibly break off. The foot pounds necessary can be found in the service manual. Other than that I have not seen anything else break. The belts last a long time and the bikes are easy to clean after a year of being sweated on from spin classes.