Thread: Current Status Of CycleOps Club Pro 300PT

1. Default Current Status Of CycleOps Club Pro 300PT

I have been very interested in the input on the CycleOps indoor bikes posted on this forum. I am considering opening a studio in Arizona, and am surprised that no CycleOps facility exists in this area to date. The "licensed dealers" in my area seem to know next to nothing about this equipment, yet I would expect this to be the future of indoor cycling. Any insight into why this product is not receiving a better reception? Is it just the state of the economy, or are there issues with the company (Saris) or maintenance that have proven problematic. Any insight that you can share would be most appreciated...

Default Cycleops

We use them at our facility in Ohio and people love them. You do need to setup a regular maint program on them, oil tighten chain change batteries in console but easy to do. The bikes are great and the whole concept of using power to train by is fantastic. If you can get them then I would.

3. Default

Bigdog-

Thank you so much for your input. Is the maintenance something that you can do yourself, or do you need a "CycleOps trained" technician to do it? If you are willing to answer a couple other questions, I would love to know how long have you had the bikes in your facility and if you have had any problems with them (especially with the console)... I am completely sold on the concept of training with power,- just concerned about the reliability of the equipment.

Would really appreciate info from anyone else using these bikes as well, even if just to concur with Bigdog...

I think Saris is entering the market slowly. I took their instructors workshop, but there isn't a facility near enough to me. One drawback is the bikes are more expensive than most other bikes, but when you consider the cost of a power tap alone, you're getting more than you're paying for.

I've visited a facility in New Jersey and one in Ohio that have the bikes and they are great. I agree that training with power is the next wave... if you can get these bike in your facility you will have a leg up.

If the Saris dealers in your area are holding you back, I would contact Saris directly.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Default Spinbob

Did you visit the Natatorium in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio??? That is where I work at.
    As far as maintenance, they are not hard to maintain at all, you do need to change batteries in hub and console from time to time. Also break pads need changed but these you can do yourself. Pretty much everything you can do yourself once they show you how to do it. We have 20 bikes that we have, you might want to keep some parts available like break pads, peddles, batteries.

Blog Entries

Default big dog

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog67 View Post
    Did you visit the Natatorium in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio??? That is where I work at.
    As far as maintenance, they are not hard to maintain at all, you do need to change batteries in hub and console from time to time. Also break pads need changed but these you can do yourself. Pretty much everything you can do yourself once they show you how to do it. We have 20 bikes that we have, you might want to keep some parts available like break pads, peddles, batteries.
    Hey bigdog,
    Whats your schedule at the natatorium? might be looking for a winter escape for a few days

Bigdog,
    Yes, I visited the Natatorium in the summer of '08. It is a very cool place. I wish every town had a facility like that.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Hey Cat. We should connect in Milwaukee and road trip to Ohio. This might be just the excuse I need to re-connect with some good friends - you for one - and my Ohio friends from two.

Cheezin'

I am there 3 times a week for 4 classes. 2 on Monday nights, 1 Wed night and 1 Sat morning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeze View Post
    Hey Cat. We should connect in Milwaukee and road trip to Ohio. This might be just the excuse I need to re-connect with some good friends - you for one - and my Ohio friends from two.

Cheezin'
    Hey Cheezedude

That might be a good trip for mid March After I get back from Moab