Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schwinn A C Performance Indoor Bike

1. Default Info on Purchasing the New Schwinn A.C. Bikes

The Schwinn health club brand is now an independent company no longer owned by Nautilus. It is part of a new company which also owns Stairmaster. To contact a sales rep regarding purchasing bikes, use this link and the "Contact a Sales Rep" button. http://www.stairmaster.com/schwinn/cat/products/

You can also call them directly at 360-326-4090 ext 105.

2. Default

Thanks Julz!
    Mike

3. Default

Hi all first time poster. I would like to dig up this thread as I am seriously interested in this bike. A bit of backround, I am 46 and have not been on a bike (a real bike that is) since I was a teenager. I was able to try a spin bike (star trac nxt) for a few minutes in the local gym and liked it quite a bit. I now feel like if I am going to make a "life investment" for my health I will get the best spin bike out there.

How do people feel about the magnetic resistance as opposed to having friction? it seems that would be the main point for getting this bike...Also I was reading that it was a bit noisy...to the point where my downstairs neighbor would complain? I hope not as this would be a significant investment. I know there are bikes with belts but I hear they don't feel like a real bike would so I'd like a chain but not if it gets me evicted! Thanks much all some of you serious bikers must be using this at home or the gym and have some thought on the bike as compared to other spinners...

Blog Entries

Hi Bluerfoot - I started this thread as indoorcycletraining, before becoming the Admin.

I'm asked frequently "what bike (indoor or out) should I buy John?" The person asking will tend to elaborate... something like; "It's my first road bike. Should I be looking at Carbon Fiber or Titanium?" or "I read in Bicycling Magazine how using the crotch-cradle bike seat will shave 30 seconds off my 26 mile time trial... but I'm not sure... what do you think I should do?"

My response is always the same; "you what to buy the bike that you will ride." My point goes to the fact that far to many bicycles go un-ridden, shortly after being purchased. I suggest that you develop the habit of riding consistently, 3-4 times a week at your local club or studio. Once regular exercise is part of your life I feel you'll have a much better understanding of what you want

5. Default

well I bit the very expensive (for me) bullet and got the schwinn ac performance from studiocycles after drinking the coolaid of all they guy's (Jeff Wimmer) youtube video's. I plan on using it to help my 46 year old body get back into running after a 20 year break. It also looks like it could make a great cloths hanger but I sure hope it does not end up that way. Now I really need to learn how to use the darn thing correctly and get motivated without an instructor/class. I will report when I get the unit which should ship Monday.

Blog Entries

Did they offer you the new version - the AC Performance Plus? It has an improved slider system for the seat and handlebar fore and aft.

I was told that bike wouldn't be out for a couple of months..
    The Schwinn bikes at studio cycle are the regular Performance with the wattage computer...at a really good price

Have you heard differently?
    UOTE=admin;121290]Did they offer you the new version - the AC Performance Plus? It has an improved slider system for the seat and handlebar fore and aft.[/QUOTE]

8. Default

From Jeff at studiocycles...

"The Performance Plus is at least 6-12 months from production, I am the only outside consultant to the Plus project."

Blog Entries

That sounds like Jeff.
    They are promoting the new Plus in a number of print magazines so I checked with my contact at Schwinn - they are saying the new AC Performance Plus is shipping late October this year.

10. Default

Does that mean Jeff if just a businessman first will always just say whatever to get a sale? I sure hope he did a nice setup on the bike after I watched his video's and drank the cool aid...

11. Default

Jeff stands behind his products 100%. no worries if you bought from him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast