Thread: Cost LeMond Instructor Certification?

1. Default Cost LeMond Instructor Certification?

I have tried to put my title question in the search function a couple ways and have not found my answer as of yet. Sorry, I know it's probably on here, BUT...

What does it cost to become LeMond certified as an instructor? How did you get your certification?

Currently, I am certified as a Spinning instructor through MDA. Just as I was about to begin instructing at our gym, they made some class cut backs due to financial constraints.

There is one other gym that's travel to the next town that I could get on the sub list probably that's a Spinning Facility. However... there is a new gym opening closer that has the LeMond program.

Thus, I'm thinking maybe I could teach there. But, I don't have that certificaiton. Just looking for info atm. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaQueen View Post
    I have tried to put my title question in the search function a couple ways and have not found my answer as of yet. Sorry, I know it's probably on here, BUT...

What does it cost to become LeMond certified as an instructor? How did you get your certification?

Currently, I am certified as a Spinning instructor through MDA. Just as I was about to begin instructing at our gym, they made some class cut backs due to financial constraints.

There is one other gym that's travel to the next town that I could get on the sub list probably that's a Spinning Facility. However... there is a new gym opening closer that has the LeMond program.

Thus, I'm thinking maybe I could teach there. But, I don't have that certificaiton. Just looking for info atm. Thanks!
    Have you asked if they'll accept your Spinning certification? Many will. You might just need to get updated on their bike set up because they have a handlebar adjustment (fore aft) that isn't on the Spinner bikes.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Funhog View Post
    Have you asked if they'll accept your Spinning certification? Many will. You might just need to get updated on their bike set up because they have a handlebar adjustment (fore aft) that isn't on the Spinner bikes.
    Thanks for responding. That is really encouraging to know. My MDA was in the $300s. I wasn't feeling too happy at the prospect of paying that plus again here soon. I have my CPR training. I know that is needed pretty much at any gym. I'm an outside rider for both road and trail too. I think that helps sometimes to relate to that group as well. Maybe the owner could work something out if the help is needed.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaQueen View Post
    Thanks for responding. That is really encouraging to know. My MDA was in the $300s. I wasn't feeling too happy at the prospect of paying that plus again here soon. I have my CPR training. I know that is needed pretty much at any gym. I'm an outside rider for both road and trail too. I think that helps sometimes to relate to that group as well. Maybe the owner could work something out if the help is needed.
    I don't most clubs 'mind' you not having having the bikes certification, unless they are actively promoting a specific program. As long as you can show/demonstrate that you are current in a recognised certification program.

Send an email to LeMond to inquire about their programs <education@lemondfitness.com>, or email Janet Warner <jwarner@thealaskaclub.com> or Peg Hamlett <pegh@uidaho.edu> who each are listed as offering a Foundation Training - Cycling workshops for LeMond at their facilities. Got these starting points from the LeMond website, specifically their Academy Training link <http://www.lemondfitness.com/academy_training.php>
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CycleGuy View Post
    I don't most clubs 'mind' you not having having the bikes certification, unless they are actively promoting a specific program. As long as you can show/demonstrate that you are current in a recognised certification program.

Send an email to LeMond to inquire about their programs <education@lemondfitness.com>, or email Janet Warner <jwarner@thealaskaclub.com> or Peg Hamlett <pegh@uidaho.edu> who each are listed as offering a Foundation Training - Cycling workshops for LeMond at their facilities. Got these starting points from the LeMond website, specifically their Academy Training link <http://www.lemondfitness.com/academy_training.php>
    Thanks for posting and those links. That must be the deal with my current gym. All of the instructors that were previously trained in some other manner for "stationary cycling classes" had to get officially "Spinning" certified through MDA. They had some changes in management and it was decided that we would become an official "Spinning Facility". In promoting the "Spinning" name, the instructors needed to carry the cert through MDA specifically.