Thread: A fellow cyclist needs your prayers

Default A fellow cyclist needs your prayers

I read Fatcyclist's blog daily. For those of you who occasionally read it, you'll know his wife is dealing with cancer. Fatty's post this morning will make you cry, but it will also make you think long and hard about the rest of your day, and of the people you love.

I want to share this with as many people in the world as possible, to send prayers and love and positive vibrations to the Nelson family, so I've posted about it on both of my blogs. He's given me so much joy and laughter through his funny, whacky posts over the past 9 months I've enjoyed his blog, that this is the only thing I can think of doing for him.

Check out my posts here or here, and send your thoughts. We'll bombard them with IDC love! The more the better.

Thanks Jennifer

Man, one of the bloggs I've forgotten about in the last few months and I need to get back there now.. Thanks JS
    It's one of those myths perpetrated by ignoramuses who pass it on without a thought as to its veracity. Humph! - Robert Baldi

NJSPIN "SkyDrive" My Facebook

thank you for posting it Jennifer
    I prayed.
    VarinkaSpins

Default Prayers

I too just bought my husband home yesterday from a week of Chemo. This is his 4th week in the hospital for an aggressive cancer. To experience the
    thought of losing your best friend is like pulling your heart out so so slow.
    Prayers, and the outpouring of people will keep him going. I don't know where our path is going yet, but we are working a triangle, first science and
    doctors, 2nd spiritual and positive thinking and finally nutrition and good health.
    My heart is with everyone who faces any challenge in life such as this.
    Nancy

My prayers and thoughts are with him...
    Last edited by Cannondaleguy; 11-29-2008 at 07:44 AM.
    Felix Pereira
    Certified SPINNING Instructor, Star 3 Status
    Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), Yoga Alliance
    Bodyforging - Power Yoga Fusion Certified

"Nothing is difficult to those who have the will."
    - Dutch Poet's Society

"To the enlightened person, what seems like night to others is the state of awakenining, and what appears as day to others is as night to those who know the Self."
    -Krishna, The Bhagavad Gita

Quote Originally Posted by prosassc22 View Post
    I too just bought my husband home yesterday from a week of Chemo. This is his 4th week in the hospital for an aggressive cancer. To experience the
    thought of losing your best friend is like pulling your heart out so so slow.
    Prayers, and the outpouring of people will keep him going. I don't know where our path is going yet, but we are working a triangle, first science and
    doctors, 2nd spiritual and positive thinking and finally nutrition and good health.
    My heart is with everyone who faces any challenge in life such as this.
    Nancy
    Dear Nancy,
    Those are three great things to focus on, each as important as the next. Stay as positive as you can, stay as connected as you can with family and friends, and as open-minded as you can to possibilities and new concepts of healing - you just never know. I've never gone through this with someone I am close to, so I can only imagine what you are experiencing.

I read Fatcyclist's blog every day to get updates on his wife and how he is dealing with it, and I have to tell you, there are some of the most amazing words of wisdom coming from people in the community who leave comments, many people who don't even know them except through his words on a blog in cyberspace. It's so amazing and wonderful how people pull together in times like this.

What is your husband's name? I'll keep you both in my thoughts and add you to my list. Thank you for posting - this is a wonderful community here and I'm sure everyone reading will also send their positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Blessings,

Jennifer

Default Thanks

HIs name is Bob and we both have changed so much though this, we are
    beside ourselves with people who don't even know us sending us well wishes.
    My husband who is typically an all sports guy now meditates and goes to
    a support group run by Bernie Seigel author of "Love Medicine and Miracles"
    and they have become close friends. We also live near Yale so we are getting the newest of treatment. He was young and healthy enough to enter
    a special Chemo treatment that can actually help 10% and we feel we will be
    in that group. If it gives me more time with him that is all I ask.
    He made me promise not to give up my spinning classes and do you know that has been my sanity through this. I know the Nelson family has heavy thoughts now but it makes so much difference to know others our thinking of you. I also read all the comments on his page and felt these were writen for me too.
    Thanks to everyone for taking time.
    Nancy

\

Win Bob!!!!

Nancy and Bob-
    You both hang in there!!! You have us all here rooting for you!
    Before you know it, you will both be joining us at WSSC '09 in Miami next May!!!

There is this little restaurant that we found that we all seem to like with a really short name... great views from the second floor roof top dining area and awesome Mojitos... we will add a couple of seats to our reservation.

Hug hugs to you both my friends!!!
    -Felix

Felix Pereira
    Certified SPINNING Instructor, Star 3 Status
    Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), Yoga Alliance
    Bodyforging - Power Yoga Fusion Certified

"Nothing is difficult to those who have the will."
    - Dutch Poet's Society

"To the enlightened person, what seems like night to others is the state of awakenining, and what appears as day to others is as night to those who know the Self."
    -Krishna, The Bhagavad Gita