Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kszspin

Quote Originally Posted by sue View Post
    Where in FL do you live. I live on the east coast & ride outdoors too. Tough to find nice places to ride, way too many cars/people.
    Hey Sue, I live in St. Pete. Fortunately, St. Pete has a very active cycling community. The are a number of club and group rides that meet everyday of the week, both in the mornings and evenings. There are several route options the rides follow. The city has been adding bike lanes over the last five years, so this helps. The residents are also used to seeing large groups of cyclists on the weekends heading out to the beach on training rides. With this said, bike-car run ins do happened around here. I prefer to ride in a group.... the group is more visible and it's more fun. Riding the same flat routes day in a day out gets lonely.

Where are you? Do you get to the hills (using this term loosely ~ it's Florida) in Central FL; Clermont, San Antonio, Gainesville?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BikeFL View Post
    Do you get to the hills (using this term loosely ~ it's Florida) in Central FL; Clermont, San Antonio, Gainesville?
    Very loosely

I attended some training camps in central Florida and everyone kept warning me about the hills we had to climb. At the end of rides, I would ask why we avoided all the hills - turns out they had not. Sugar Mountain?

But, there are some nice winds to ride into.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

Default ride

We have groups that ride too but some ppl. are not very happy about us sharing the road. Had a guy lay on the horn today & give us thumbs down, we gave him a finger, up. It scares you when someone comes from behind laying on the horn, happens most times we go out. At least it seems nicer over on the west coast. Yes I've ridden Clermont a few times, did the Horrible Hundred (though we only did 50) twice. I plan on doing the ride in Sept., doing the 56 miler.
    Hey Cycleguy, When you ride on flats all the time, those hills do feel like hills for us. Oh and it is Sugarloaf. People hear call our mtns. the wind, the only thing we got. At least we can ride year round. Have a good one. Sue

4. Default

Hey Cycleguy, When you ride on flats all the time, those hills do feel like hills for us. Oh and it is Sugarloaf. People hear call our mtns. the wind, the only thing we got. At least we can ride year round. Have a good one. Sue
    Thanks - thought I was missing something because Sugar Mountain didn't sound right.

We work with the deck we are dealt (or change dealers if we can).

I am fortunate that I too can ride [almost] year round - as long as I don't mind the rain. Of course we have to stay clear of the mountains during the winter - those skiers don't like sharing the roads with cyclists and I hate putting chains on my bike

Once met a guy once from Texas somewhere who used the multi-level parking garages to train for hills - that was the best he had.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

The Horrible Hills of Florida!

florida hills.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12