Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Questions?

1. Default Any Questions?

I will be checking this forum to answer any questions at least a few times a week. Feel free to ask anything. You can also check out our website at www.realryder.com, we are constantly updating it and it may answer some of your questions.

Jeremiah Harrington
    Last edited by RealRyder; 05-14-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Wanted to add website, since it may answer some questions people may have.

Question Any Questions?

Any Questions?

ummmm, No questions here!
    Say folks! Gosh, you sure do smell all nice and flowery. I can’t whistle if I eat too many crackers! Gosh, it was sure nice hanging out with y'all again!

Default Uh-oh

You've incited Mr Hankey, RealRyder. Be careful -- he's an ornery little toot. Quite literally.

Maybe you could discuss what you believe the RealRyder has to offer this community to get the conversation started?

Gfp
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

Can I buy this bike? Where is it sold and for how much $$.

5. Default any questions?.....

Ok, I'll bite....whats the weather like?

The Groupie

6. Default any questions?....

Oh......I get it! questions about the bike that looks like you could fall off of it and kiss your neighbors handle bars when and if you lean the wrong way!!!! Oh....in that case....no, no questions here....however; if this bike is at conference, you can bet I will want to try it out!!!!! classroom setting could be scary!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchin View Post
    Can I buy this bike? Where is it sold and for how much $$.
    We are working on setting up distributors and dealers all over the world right now. Individuals can certainly buy this bike by contacting us at 800-976-6280. It retails for $1,995.00.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mkepano View Post
    Oh......I get it! questions about the bike that looks like you could fall off of it and kiss your neighbors handle bars when and if you lean the wrong way!!!! Oh....in that case....no, no questions here....however; if this bike is at conference, you can bet I will want to try it out!!!!! classroom setting could be scary!!!
    We had a classroom setting at IHRSA and it went great. I would love to be at the conference, but I have a feeling that I started looking into this too late. Billy Garcia actually has a bike though and I am guessing if you guys were really interested in seeing it, we could arrange a time to view it since he is down in Miami.
    Last edited by RealRyder; 05-20-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: I didn't proof read this.

9. Default

Here is a testimonial from one of the first clubs to get our bikes. This facility is down in Escondido, CA and it is called NRG Fitness & Performance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sD3A-A_Dwas

Do you have any research that backs up the claims of burning more calories and engaging more muscles?

As a physiologist and researcher, those things would be more convincing (to me, anyway) than the testimonials of folks who enjoy the ride.
    Jennifer K. (Glyco-Jen)
    Ph.D., Exercise Physiology
    CT, USA

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    Do you have any research that backs up the claims of burning more calories and engaging more muscles?

As a physiologist and researcher, those things would be more convincing (to me, anyway) than the testimonials of folks who enjoy the ride.
    As for burning more calories, at this point we don't have any research that backs up this claim, but we also weren't the ones that were making that claim. This is what this trainer felt and we thought that it was interesting. We are getting this a lot and believe that it is true, but we don't have any research at this point to prove this. This is something that we would definitely like to prove though as it is important to us also.

I think the claim of engaging more muscles is easier to prove. When riding it you feel it in your core and upper body much more then a typical indoor cycle. When you are banking or turning to one direction it requires good technique, balance, and strength in both the core and upper body. In the future, we will definitely be doing tests and studies to show the benefits of our bike over all of the other ones on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast