Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Which Heart Rate Monitor are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by smceach25 View Post
    Garmin vivofit hr!
    FWIW....the Vivofit is not a HRM. The *heart rate* readout on the gizmo is just one of many parameters that the company has included to entice the gullible consumer to purchase their product.

We know better......or *we* ought to.

These wrist worn fitness trackers use a technology called optical plethysmography. It does not equal the technology of the telemetry/chest strap for accuracy.

It's not very accurate at low intensity levels. It's even worse when the intensity gets higher.

No worthwhile info there.......sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by smceach25 View Post
    Garmin vivofit hr!
    how are you liking it? I was thinking of getting this one or the fitbit surge

Use Garmin Forerunning for years starting from 210 model. Today it's 910XT. I skipped 920XT which is nice and waiting for 930 or what ever name it will be. Perfect for running, cycling, swimming outdoor/indoor, many options, a lot of statistics, good connectivity.

4. Default

Mio Alpha 2 watch and it's excellent! It doesn't do sleep tracking and all that mumbo jumbo, just a great HR watch. Yes it counts steps and what not. Unfortunately their apps SUCK. The regular Mio app is ok but no online backup and the PAI app blows, horrible. I use FitDigits and it works very well with the Mio.

5. Default

I have a Garmin Vivoactive + HRM and am very happy with it.

6. Default

I wear the Polar M400 which is incredible. And if you ever bike outside and not just in studio, it has a GPS feature. I love it. My only drawback is that it's kind of big for my small wrists.

I use the Polar Chest Strap!

8. Default

Garmin Vivoactive. Use it not only for cycling, but running and swimming too.

Polar transmitter on a soft chest strap. Works great with our Kaiser M3 bikes. Found a great deal on one without wrist display. Wish I could find them on sale for our entire class.

Nothing more to add beyond what I opined upon upstream.

Good Luck there

11. Default

I bought a Wahoo Tickr X. It's on a chest strap and worked well fro 9 months. Now, it's not accurate, especially when I first put it on. Shows an inaccurate, high HR. I bought a new chest strap, but that didn't help. Their support is lacking. I guess I'm in the market to buy something new. That will last more than 9 months. Open to suggestions. What I like about the Tickr X, was that not only did it keep the HR, but it gave you a cadence too.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast