Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 minute rule

1. Default

Why do they not do jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by 4vtweavers View Post
    Why do they not do jumps?

Because they don't want to look like idiots.....really.

*Jumps*, such as you might find in a good many SPIN-esque classes.....i.e. bopping up and down like a demented jack-in-the-box on crack.....are such a travesty of sound biomechanics and technique (and not actually what was intended originally, I imagine) that the programmes that've come along since SPINNING was devised have decided to drop a move that's so open to abuse.

Additionally, and in the context of the original question, I think that a time limit on *standing climb* isn't that bad an idea either. As it happened, today's class had 3 hill repeats.....each ending with 2 minutes standing climb. My cue for class was that *this is a goal and not a mandate* because, by the last hill repeat as far as my demographic rolls, there ought to be enough muscle fatigue for those who've ridden on cue to gua-RON-tee fast twitch fiber overload.

Physiology.....it's a Science for a reason.

Vivienne...

P.S. I thank you for bumping this thread...

3. Default

Thanks for this info! I'm spin certified and am planning to get RPM certified soon!

Everyone thinks that you are working harder if you are out of the saddle. That is not true. Your heart rate is higher but your power starts to dwindle. You get your most power while you are in the saddle. We have proven that on the Spin power bikes we have at our gym. I am glad to see that RPM is going towards this. I do not teach RPM anymore but may consider it again. It does not make it easier in the saddle. If you are honest with your resistance you will have a challenging ride.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenahorski View Post
    Everyone thinks that you are working harder if you are out of the saddle. That is not true. Your heart rate is higher but your power starts to dwindle. You get your most power while you are in the saddle. We have proven that on the Spin power bikes we have at our gym. I am glad to see that RPM is going towards this. I do not teach RPM anymore but may consider it again. It does not make it easier in the saddle. If you are honest with your resistance you will have a challenging ride.
    If that is true, why aren't sprint finishes on real bikes done in the saddle?

6. Default

I 100% agree
    when you are standing you get the benefit of your body weight to help you drive the pedals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12