pink boas, pom poms
    ju-jubes, muffins, cookies
    bananas, apples, grapes
    Hersehy's kisses
    coffee
    lots of H20, sweat

and

$7,149.00 raised beating last years mark of $6,020.00

We had 1 person do 5 hours and 4 participants who paid for the privilege to help lead a ride by working with an instructor to create the ride and build the playlist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Make that $7,500.00 after the ride music was auctioned off and a few extra sponsors came thru with $

Truly awesome, you should be proud of your efforts for such a worthy cause.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Way to go Kiefer... congrats!
    It's one of those myths perpetrated by ignoramuses who pass it on without a thought as to its veracity. Humph! - Robert Baldi

NJSPIN "SkyDrive" My Facebook

High five! Wonderful haul for an important cause. My mom is a survivor and I personally thank you for your efforts.
    “euphoric fitness – a state where every fiber of your being is awake, aware, alive but within it all, you find calm."

The energy level of each ride was amazing, aside from the money everyone raised ... their positive and fun attitude made this an event that I will not soon forget ... seeing people who are the old pros mixed in with the newbies who have just started all working together and having a good time .... that and the butterfly, feather mask on of my riders brought me to wear, and we wont talk about the headband with the tassels on springs another person made me wear ... although it made counting your cadence a bit more fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by keifer; 10-29-2007 at 11:14 AM.

I would love to know how you did this ride. I am planning on doing a fundraising ride in February. How did the people sign up to ride? What else did you do?

I would love to hear!
    Thanks!
    Leslie

As our studio emails all our participants every week we started very early, and we instructors would also push it before/after the classes.

We ran 45 minute sessions with 15 min for transition, so we had four 1 hour blocks running from 8-12 12-1 was lunch break and then another block of four running 1-5.

Riders were charged a minimum donation of $25 for 1 hour (anyone who signed up for a full block was also given a special certificate) and for $100 a rider could buddy up with an instructor and together they built the playlist and the ride.

We had to burn our music to a CD (and I recommend trying to have them labeled nicely) and at the end of the ride we auctioned off the CD. Some instructors actually burned 2-3 copies and when someone was disappointed they lost the auction they were offered one of the copies for their high bid as well.

We of course encouraged everyone to raise more and had the proper donation sheets for those who wanted to get tax deductions.

We also had all the riders sign a banner and fill in a ballot to win one of several prizes that we had donated.

As for the actual ride we kept things not too strenuous, a mixed ride with EEZ, IEZ and SEZ, HR 65-85%, no sprints and no jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by lilrubie View Post
    I would love to know how you did this ride. I am planning on doing a fundraising ride in February. How did the people sign up to ride? What else did you do?

I would love to hear!
    Thanks!

Default Ridin for Research

If you are interested in checking out a similiar ride on a larger scale check out http://www.ridin4research.org/ . We raised $130,000 last year despite snowy weather ruining our fun.

11. Default Charity Ride

Nice Job!! i do an annual ride each year for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.. Last year I raised approx 3600.00 with 15 riders .. It was 3 hour ride and you had a choice of doing 90 min. or the whole ride - 50.00 a session and i had handed out pledge sheets to the riders prior to the rider encouraging them to get pledges ( donations) from freinds and family.. I set up bagels, bananas, drinks and i gave away Spin towels and water bottles donated from our local bike shop .. I also gave prizes to the TOP - 3 FUNDRAISERS.. THis year I am doing a straight 2 hour ride .. and the competition is on for first place fundraiser ... we shall see ...

Lori

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast