Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schwinn Cycling Program

Default Schwinn Cycling Program

Does anyone no anything about the Schwinn cycling program....Is it similiar to our teachings in Spinning. I visited a club that had Schwinn bikes and took their class. The class was pretty good but the instructor sprints were well above 110 RPM's and had a couple different hand positions......Any feedback in reference to Schwinn would be helpful...
    Thanks.....
    Mykespinn

I have both the Spinning and Schwinn certs and they are not that different. Flats should generally not be more than 100 rpm in Schwinn, certainly never more than 110. Hand positions are basically the same. Schwinn has zones numbered 1 through 4 that roughly correspond to the Spinning recovery, endurance, strength, and race day zones respectively.

I too have Schwinn and Spinning. The hand positions do not vary, they are the same as Spinning. RPMs don't go above 110, and Schwinn also doesn't ride without resistance.

The Zones - essentially -

Z1 - warmup
    Z2 - light - moderate resistance, can talk in complete sentences.
    Z3 - moderate - heavy, challenging, can only talk in 1/2 sentences before needing to breathe
    Z4 - breathless - as in sprints with heavy resistance

Hope this helps.
    Cycle Happy!
    EuroD
    Cycle Instructor Emeritus
    Star 3 Spinning Instructor
    Schwinn Certified Cycle Instructor
    AFAA Primary Certification
    Spotify

megale3 Guest

No hand positions in Schwinn and we do not go past 109 RPMs seldom past 99.The zones are based on Borgs scale not Spinning which bases theres on the same scales- sorry Spinning nor Schwinn can not take credit for RPE or HR.
    I said I would never post on this sorry site again and You guys gave me a reason now I must go puke my head off.
    Meg
    Last edited by megale3; 10-22-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megale3 View Post
    No hand positions in Schwinn and we do not go past 109 RPMs seldom past 99.The zones are based on Borgs scale not Spinning which bases theres on the same scales- sorry Spinning nor Schwinn can not take credit for RPE or HR.
    I said I would never post on this sorry site again and You guys gave me a reason now I must go puke my head off.
    Meg
    Megs, it's OK, you did the right thing and I respect your choice to set things straight!!

All is right with the world!
    ---A

Thanks guys for the input....I really did like the Schwinn bike.. However the instructor went well past 120RPM's on sprints....She was probabley around 150 or so herself....Oh well
    Mykespinn

I have seen instructors with different certifications direct their class to sprint well over 110 RPMs. The RPM police needs to take care of it and set them straight.

julie4238@comcast.net Guest

Default popularity

Have you found that some classes in some clubs participants are just used to pedaling so fast that they almost fall off of their bikes?
    THey seem to love doing it too.!
    Maybe the teacher is just doing this a bit to apease her/his students. Maybe the teacher has not been there that long so is slowly winning them over.
    I did this with jumps. not "popcorn" jumps. BUT the classes were so used to being heavily choreographed to music - that when I did 9 minutes of a pyramid exercise to one 9 minute song - they just could not handle it. I started incorporating shorter songs and doing jumps to the 8 or 16 count one or two times during the class. THe students were much happier. Their hearts would be working more by doing a 9 minute pyramid - but they might not come back the following week without those choreographed songs thrown in between real training songs.
    Again - some people really love just spinnng their legs around with no resistance - personally I don't get it - but just look at their faces while and after they have done this.
    Just an idea.

Default schwinn indoor cycling training

I am going to take the indoor Schwinn cycling course next week. I have not read any posts about their training on here because I don't want to have any preconceived ideas before I do it. I am very interested to see what they teach.
    It is in Fort Collins Colorado. If anyone else is going let me know.
    cheers, Paul.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cov87 View Post
    I am going to take the indoor Schwinn cycling course next week. I have not read any posts about their training on here because I don't want to have any preconceived ideas before I do it. I am very interested to see what they teach.
    It is in Fort Collins Colorado. If anyone else is going let me know.
    cheers, Paul.
    Cool you'll dig it. By the way who is giving the orientation? And is this going to be the MPower training too?
    Best
    Mike

Default what is this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by megale3 View Post
    Meg
    Seriously, what is this about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast