Hey Danielle,

I'll try to contact Saris this week - thank you for the helpful
    suggestions!! How do you like riding the PT300 -- have you
    created many ride profiles for this program yet? You're so
    lucky to have this program coming to your facility!!! I wish you
    all the best with it. - d

2. Default

Hey D,

I love riding the 300 PT... and what is even better is that my boss is standing in front of the city finance director RIGHT NOW with the bike proposal!!!!!!!!!! Our plan is to have the babies in by December. Besides the existing class schedule we will have a paid for 12 week weight loss program, and we'll also do performance testing... Our business plan shows the revenue from the special programming PAYING for new bikes EVERY THREE YEARS. So it is self-sustaining, or like my boss say, GRAVY.

Did you attend Angie's cert in California? I can't remember.... but the first thing that must be done to create training rides for this bike is to do a threshold power test. Once power at threshold has been determined, you can throw that # into a chart and get your power training zones. We still follow the principles of training energy systems, but now we have more meaningful data to go along with it.

Like Cheeze said, once you ride on this, going back to a bike with no measurement is a HUGE step back. Feel free to pm me and we can chat about on the bike assesments.
    Danielle

dlevin Guest

Default Pt 300

Hey Danielle,

Lucky you!!! and Congratulations -- December is REALLY soon!!!!!!!!
    Be sure to let all of us know on this post how it is coming along...we need a blow-by-blow account from the Pioneer centers out there in Wisconsin...(is that where your facility is?) Hope this isn't too bold
    but are you pushing megawattage yet? C'mon, tell... Maybe Cheeze
    can tell us if he's pushing megawattage yet, too...

This is soo cool...we're all going to live vicariously through you and Cheeze...and anyone else who's lucky to have gotten with the program....anymore Certifications lined up after November 4??
    Just curious....I just sent in my test to Angie...I take BABY steps....

-d

4. Default

Hey D,

No mega watts at threshold for me, and our facility is in northeast Ohio, between Akron and Cleveland.
    I'll keep you in the loop as things progress here. I am really psyched!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by danielle View Post
    ... and our facility is in northeast Ohio, between Akron and Cleveland...
    How lucky can a person be? It's all about being in the right place at the right time, isn't Danielle?
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

6. Default

I'm telling you Bob, it's so true!! We were not slated for new bikes until next year...
    2 weeks ago after my five am.'er, I was almost out the door when the assistant for my boss caught me in the hall. We were chatting spinning, etc.... and he somehow lets me know the boss is on the way to finalize the budget for next year... We chat more about this huge new functional fitness wing that was going in, and he tells me it's not..... so we chat, WOW, maybe there's a little dough left for bikes....One phone call later, and there ya go.....

Danielle
    ps
    can I have your autograph?

Quote Originally Posted by danielle View Post
    ps, can I have your autograph?
    If you really want it, sure.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

dlevin Guest

Default 300pt

If you are lucky to own a Cycleops Indoor Bike:

Question: What do you think of riding with the 'resistance' control
    on the handlebars? Do you like it better than having the resistance
    knob on the bike frame? Is there a model for home use that has the
    resistance KNOB on the bike frame?

Danielle and Cheeze, what is your opinion of the unique 'resistance' control at the handlebar and the handbrake on the left?

Thanks,
    darlene

9. Default It's official!!!

Guess what??? I finally got the answer I've been waiting for,,,,,,we're getting the PT300's in Columbia SC! Yahoo.

A brand new facility is opening up and they've decided to bring them in(with a lot of coercing from me!!!) Like Danielle, I too needed to show we could bring some profit in with them. Danielle, I'd love to talk to you re: your 12 week weight loss program!

I'll keep y'all posted!!! I think I've died and gone to bike heaven!
    The luckiest gal in SC!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Wow! That's great, you are such a lucky dog! Can't wait to visit.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

11. Default

please stop by anytime bob!!! We'll go for a power spin!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast