Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Based Indoor Cycling Training

1. Default Power Based Indoor Cycling Training

CycleOps Power Training Systems Instructor Certification with Angie Sturtevant

Nov. 4, 2007 9am-6pm
    Zoned 4 Fitness
    710 John Nolen Dr.
    Madison, WI 53713

Contact Robb at 608 274 6550 x130
    or register online at www.saris.com/certificationregistration

$400 per person plus $40 course materials

Key Components of the CycleOps Training:
    Power training theories of Allen Lim,PhD
    Physiology and principles of training
    Relationship between stimulus(power) and response(heart rate)
    Proper bike fit and cycling biomechanics
    Cycling simulations, form and technique
    Class design and safety considerations
    How to develop and host power based rides
    Training for weight loss, fitness and performance
    Use for personal training, performance and metabolic assessments
    Earn ACE and AFAA cont. ed credits

There are a few spots left in this certification.. If you want to see one of the premiere training centers in the US, get the most up to date research in power and be one of the first 100 CycleOps Power Training Systems instructors, this is it....

Danielle

Aw, come on Danielle, bring this sweet program to some place close to me. Please, pretty please.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Bob, Beacon cycle around the corner from where I teach has the needed bikes..maybe we need to get them to offer the instruction now. Tho you can come down and take a class on them a few days I week I hear. Maybe we need to bug Danielle to put some pressure on them from her end?
    It's one of those myths perpetrated by ignoramuses who pass it on without a thought as to its veracity. Humph! - Robert Baldi

NJSPIN "SkyDrive" My Facebook

If you already have a facility in your backyard that has the bikes - why not be pro-active and contact Saris (or ask them to contact Saris) and ask them if you can host a certification.

Cheeze

Quote Originally Posted by NJSpiner View Post
    Bob, Beacon cycle around the corner from where I teach has the needed bikes..maybe we need to get them to offer the instruction now. Tho you can come down and take a class on them a few days I week I hear. Maybe we need to bug Danielle to put some pressure on them from her end?
    Steve, A bike store offers classes? I gotta look into this

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeze View Post
    If you already have a facility in your backyard that has the bikes - why not be pro-active and contact Saris (or ask them to contact Saris) and ask them if you can host a certification.
    Great idea, I'll call the bike shop and Saris today.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

6. Default

Bob,

My friend Joe Dugan from Jersey said there is a bike shop around him that does have the bikes....NJSPINNER, is that where you are? I think they sent Allen Lim out there last year to 'show them the way'.

There's a guy going to Angie's cert in Nov. from NY. His plan is to open a power-training center.. I'll keep you in the loop.

Danielle

Thanks Danielle, I know Joe and yes that's where NJSpinner lives too. I'm taking Cheeze's advice and checking with bike shop, they just opened a store in a mall near me, too. I'll contact Saris when I have an idea what's going on with the bike shop.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

Yes Danielle.. Beacon is near Joe and me. I know they offer classes on the weekends. Just havn't had a chance to get in to take one and find out more. One of my HS students rides for them and has winter trained the bikes some. I will have to get my butt of the saddle and stop in an ask. Steve
    PS: Joe was one of my first spin instructors a few years back and I did my cert with him. What an awesome guy!

Quote Originally Posted by danielle View Post
    Bob,

My friend Joe Dugan from Jersey said there is a bike shop around him that does have the bikes....NJSPINNER, is that where you are? I think they sent Allen Lim out there last year to 'show them the way'.

There's a guy going to Angie's cert in Nov. from NY. His plan is to open a power-training center.. I'll keep you in the loop.

Danielle
    It's one of those myths perpetrated by ignoramuses who pass it on without a thought as to its veracity. Humph! - Robert Baldi

NJSPIN "SkyDrive" My Facebook

Steve,
    I sent them an email, but haven't heard back from them. If you stop in let me know what they say. Tell them a few folks are interested in the cert. from CycleOps and want to know if we can use their bikes. Beacon just opened a store near me in Freehold...
    SpinBob
    Spotify

10. Default

Bob and Steve,

The shop just needs to call and talk to Robb Z at Saris, his ext is 130. I know they are en route to Club Industry today. It takes place in Chicago Thurs-Sun...
    If anyone is in that area, they will be doing power testing.

Danielle

Guys I'm going to be at Club Industry Friday (10/12) and will probably be spending some hang time at the Saris booth. Anything I can do on Friday to help you guys get with the program???

Cheeze

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast