Thread: Power Tour

Default Power Tour

If you havn't been on the Saris/Cycle Ops site lately you may want to take a look at what they have going during the Tour.

www.saris.com (then click on power training tips to the left)

I for one greatly appreciate how unselfish they are with putting all this education on their web site - at no charge.

Cheeze
    ---------------
    Thanks for the FYI Robb Z
    Last edited by Cheeze; 07-11-2007 at 12:02 PM.

2. Default

Cheese,

I'm putting together a CycleOps PT 300 in my living room right now!! And darn, I could be helping you with landscaping instead. I'll be around in Sept. for Ironman....

D

Friday my dear - "My" baby arrives Friday.

And your safe. Landscaping should be done by September (aka Packer season)

Cheeze
    ----------------
    No assembly required
    Last edited by Cheeze; 07-11-2007 at 09:28 PM.

4. Default

WOW for the Tour de France to include watts this year in conjunction with HR when discussing the Stage. As Cheeze mentioned, www.cycleops.com follows every stage with articles and video... Robbie Ventura is talking about KJ's today....
    Danielle

My baby arrived this morning about 10:00AM. The delivery was went smooth and was totally painless. Two employees from Saris assisted with the delivery.

He is fine but on a monitor. The right number of features in all the right places: one saddle, two bar ends, four feet (six toes) and one knob.

He really likes to take rides. Just have to remember not to work him too hard.

My wife and I spent the past few days setting up a room for him in the basement. If today is any indication, we are really looking forward to all the fun in the months and years to come.

A Pround Cheeze
    Last edited by Cheeze; 07-13-2007 at 03:50 PM.

And how was the gender of this arrival determined?
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

7. Default

I think mine is a hermaphrodite.....

8. Default liking cycleops bikes?

for those of you who have the 300,,,how are you liking it/them? I believe I have a new gym here talked into them,,,,but the owner has done some research and found problems with the power meters ramping up.

have any of you had this problem?

thanks
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

9. Default

I've been out in the field with them, and ride one here in the house... I have not experienced any 'ramping' up of the PowerTap... They have it down, I've been in the quality control lab with the engineers.
    If your facility has any concerns, contact Robb Zbierski directly at Saris Cycling Group/ CycleOps...
    You can also read Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Hunter Allen/ Andrew Coggan.. They do some comparisons between power measuring devices..
    Danielle Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnin' My Heart Out View Post
    for those of you who have the 300,,,how are you liking it/them? I believe I have a new gym here talked into them,,,,but the owner has done some research and found problems with the power meters ramping up.

have any of you had this problem?

thanks
    I heard a passing comment from the owner of a club with PT 300's in Palo Alto, CA that the bikes seem to be pretty trouble free, but occasionally the computers flake out and require a firmware/software reload. He didn't seem to think it was too much of a hassle.

11. Default thanks

thanks for your comments. I hope he still decides to get them .
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"