Thread: Whats in your smoothie??

1. Default

Mocha Blend:
    1 cup cold coffee
    2 scoops choc protein powder
    1 T Dutch cocoa powder
    1 frozen banana
    ice cubes

YUMMM! I have a hard time being satisfied with the smoothies--usually it feels as if I've skipped a meal. So, most times I'm better off just eating something solid, but I do use them on occasion. My blender pitcher recently broke, and I'm anxiously awaiting a replacement. Here is another one that I've made:

Orange Julius
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1/2 cup yogurt, if desired
    1 t vanilla
    ice, frozen banana or blueberries

megale3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dessertqueen View Post
    Mocha Blend:
    1 cup cold coffee
    1 T Dutch cocoa powder
    1 frozen banana
    ice cubes
    I jsut got to try this!

3. Default dessert queen

They don't call me the dessert queen for nothing!! I've been known to take most any food item and turn it into a treat! (protein powder is no exception!) Eat, spin, eat spin, repeat as necessary.....

8 oz skim milk
    5-6 ice cubes
    1 med banana
    1 scoop Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Protein (Chocolate)
    Hershey's Dark Choc Syrup to taste (sometimes hard to find)

You may not need the chocolate syrup if the its chocolately enough for you. However, the protein goes to waste if you don't have enough carbs (4:1 carb to protein ratio). A good squirt of syrup, some sugar or honey does the trick.

I like the cold coffee idea--gonna try that one...
    Ryde On!
    Super

diet V8 splash (berry flavor is my fave)
    handfull frozen berries
    1/2 banana
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Originally Posted by dessertqueen
    Mocha Blend:
    1 cup cold coffee
    1 T Dutch cocoa powder
    1 frozen banana
    ice cubes

How do you get a past post to show up in your reply? I agree, gotta try the coffee smoothie, especially before a workout.

Thanks for the great ideas! I also like the pineapple/OJ one. Both ingrediants I usually have on hand.

Default Fridge contents

What ever I over bought last week, or is looking too dodgy to eat as it is, but not iffy enough to throw away, add soy milk, always a banana, whatever juice is open in the fridge & we're off.

Hit the Quote button on the lower right of the window you want to quote [quote=spinning mom;49439]How do you get a past post to show up in your reply? I agree, gotta try the coffee smoothie, especially before a workout. quote]

Unless you can find a recipe with merlot in it, I'd prefer to chew my calories! J/K

We have a juice bar at the Army PFC and one girl makes an awesome chocolate peanut butter soy protein shake that I love, but I always get it as I'm leaving and I have a 40 min drive home, so half way home my bladder is like PULL OVER NOW!
    "If Ida seed youa comin Ida knowed what to do, Ida riz both arms and wove at you" ……….Ernest T Bass

Kelly

megale3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kszspin View Post
    Unless you can find a recipe with merlot in it, I'd prefer to chew my calories! J/K

We have a juice bar at the Army PFC and one girl makes an awesome chocolate peanut butter soy protein shake that I love, but I always get it as I'm leaving and I have a 40 min drive home, so half way home my bladder is like PULL OVER NOW!
    want recipe GF bring it on
    M

No man, I'm looking for the recipe!
    What would go well with merlot? How about a dark chocolate, Big Ass Merlot smoothie!
    "If Ida seed youa comin Ida knowed what to do, Ida riz both arms and wove at you" ……….Ernest T Bass

Kelly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast