Thread: Somebody had to

Default Somebody had to

Our clubs use Reeboks and everyone, including the instructors seem to like them. Anyone else have an opnion on Reebok V-bikes???? I know there are more of us Reebokies out there so come on.

2. Default

My first certification was with Reebok....does that count?

Actually, that was the only time I was on a Reebok bike too. None of the facilities I've taught at since have had those bikes.

My certification is through Reebok, but our club uses the JG Pro bikes. I would like to take additional Reebok cert classes, but I'm finding it impossible to find anything locally. I'm attending the DC/AC convention in DC the end of the month and signed up for a bunch of Spinning classes.

Crazyamy Guest

That's all i ride, and they stink. They are always breaking and they MUST be expensive to maintain since the bearings are all sealed. Once you need to overhaul a bottom bracket, you have to replace it!

Also, they aren't great for anyone over 6' tall. I'm having back problems b/c I can't get those durn handle bars high enough. Makes it tough for anyone who is remotely tall to really get a decent position, IMO. When I take a class with an istructor who makes us stand, I whisper to the other giants that that doesn't apply to us--puts too much stress on the knees when those bars aren't high enough.

Amy

rafisusan Guest

I took my first cycling workshop on a Reebok bike and at the time, liked it so much that I bought one for home use. I've taught on them in the club setting, but keeping them in working order is always an issue. I don't think they hold up well to the high demands of heavy usage; I actually much prefer the old JG Schwinn workhorses. (We're slow to change here in Northern CA!)

The Reebok is great for home use though -- nothing beats having it right next to the stereo to test music and profiles!

snowbunny Guest

We have Reebok at our gym....I do not like them. My preference is Rev-master or Schwinn. I think it is a close tie between these two for top honors.

Default reebok

Don't care for them. As stated, 6ft. doesn't seem to fit comfortably. Feels flimsy after having Schwinn and Spinner. Setup is more difficult for beginners, no markings(hey they're beginners). Where I can cue to feel the road I hesitate on them in fear of tipping. But everyone has there own tastes and comfort levels. Maintenance hasn't become an issue yet. Hope it doesn't. But must say I have done a lot of work on the other 2 brands.
    Train Hard, Have Fun!