Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Loss

Quote Originally Posted by KB3 View Post
    Okay, I have talked to a few people who have done HCG (i'm personally not crazy enough to try it) and you do drop a lot of pounds quickly, but the problem is that it's likely to all come back very quickly and more. A lot of regrets here, people.
    So, it's nothing to do with the 500Cals a day diet?

Vivienne

I'm sure that's why it works. I am not sure too many people could do 500 cal a day without some kind of help tho. My point is that people say you end up fatter than before, with a wrecked metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by KB3 View Post
    I'm sure that's why it works. I am not sure too many people could do 500 cal a day without some kind of help tho. My point is that people say you end up fatter than before, with a wrecked metabolism.
    Well, people say all sorts of things that aren't accurate. If folk end up even fatter it's because they returned to their old eating habits and ate even more than before. Whether that's because they attempted to lose weight on a crash diet or not is debatable. Plenty of people who lose weight on a "sensible" diet regain it back if they return to the same habits that caused the weight gain in the first place.

4. Default

As a person who has tried HCG and successfully did lose weight. It's not crazy I worked with my doctor and after the program I now continue my maintenance with a healthy diet following Trim Healthy Mama Recipe and guidelines. I suffer from chronic inflammation and symptoms of RA. All of these symptoms went away while on the HCG. I actually find it extremely difficult to eat 1200 calories a day. I can easily eat 500 calories. My body has adapted to the low calorie diet. I also supplement with Isagenix shakes and protein bars. My doctor continues to monitor my nutrient levels and horomones. I think the key to any successful weight loss is finding a doctor who is knows you and works with you on maintaining the best health for you. Not giving you a cookie cutter diagnosis and protocol. I exercise every day, eat fruits vegetables and protein via meats, dairy, and shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by laurie2312 View Post
    As a person who has tried HCG and successfully did lose weight. It's not crazy I worked with my doctor and after the program I now continue my maintenance with a healthy diet following Trim Healthy Mama Recipe and guidelines. I suffer from chronic inflammation and symptoms of RA. All of these symptoms went away while on the HCG. I actually find it extremely difficult to eat 1200 calories a day. I can easily eat 500 calories. My body has adapted to the low calorie diet. I also supplement with Isagenix shakes and protein bars. My doctor continues to monitor my nutrient levels and horomones. I think the key to any successful weight loss is finding a doctor who is knows you and works with you on maintaining the best health for you. Not giving you a cookie cutter diagnosis and protocol. I exercise every day, eat fruits vegetables and protein via meats, dairy, and shakes.
    It's great that you lost weight......but it was the 500 Cal a day diet that did that and not the HCG. Anyone will lose weight on a daily intake of 500 Cals a day.......and continue to lose weight on this energy intake until they die of starvation.

The so-called "science" behind HCG and the advantages it's supposed to give is bogus.......regardless of the confirmation from the internet echo-chamber That's been demonstrated time and again in properly monitored and published studies in peer-reviewed literature. To the extent that any "doctor" touting bone fide credentials is likely to be under close scrutiny from state licensing authorities and the FTC. A doctor who truly believes that it works would be judged unworthy to practise (pending, at least, some serious remedial study related to how the body actually works) A doctor who knows it doesn't work but precribes the stuff anyway is close to being guilty of fraud.

Physiology......it's a Science for a reason.
    Last edited by Vivienne; 03-23-2015 at 07:47 AM.

6. Default

Regarding weight loss, I actually read somewhere, and it seems pretty true, that is is 20% exercise and 80% diet. So even if you work like a dog, but eat like a pig, there really won’t be any difference, or even worse, you might be gaining instead of losing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12