Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Heart Rate Monitor do I buy?

bikerchick2 Guest

Default Which Heart Rate Monitor do I buy?

Hey,
    I want to purchase a better heart rate monitor. I have a very basic polar. The style that only gives you your current heart rate. I want one that will give me my different zones, but yet be user friendly.
    I went on Ebay and I didn't realize how many different makes and models are out there.... .
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    bikerchick

I've been pleased with the Polar F-11. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it has more than enough for me. And since I can use it, that's proof positive it's idiot-proof (I've no patience with techy stuff). I like that it's coded so I never have trouble with cross-talk in a crowded spin room.
    “euphoric fitness – a state where every fiber of your being is awake, aware, alive but within it all, you find calm."

Love my F11 as well but I think they just raised the prices for these. You can look for the F6 - same functions as the F11 but the transmitter is different - still coded but not the wear link. With the wear link straps you need to replace the battery often - there is no battery in the F6 coded strap. The F6 is cheaper. Colors for the F11 - red, gray and ice blue (women's smaller version). The F6 - blue, black or pink (women's smaller version) - Joy

NJSpinCutie1979 Guest

Default F6

I love my F6, it does the job and keeps a log of your calories burned per week so if you are interested in tracking your progress you can! I got mine for about 110 at Sports Authority, but my master spin instructor sells them for wholesale on his website. Jarlswebsite.com. I would check it out if you want to get one for a decent price!!

Default Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

I use a Timex Body Link system. I have a data recorder that captures HR & time. It will capture Speed and Distance if I am outside with my optional GPS. Then you can download all the data to your PC and graph daily, weekly, monthly.... you get the idea. You can also set training zones and monitor how long you spend in each zone. It is a bit technical but I love it. Check it out... http://www.timex.com/bodylink/

JD
    J. Deckert
    "Samurai Jack"

bikerchick2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NJSpinCutie1979 View Post
    I love my F6, it does the job and keeps a log of your calories burned per week so if you are interested in tracking your progress you can! I got mine for about 110 at Sports Authority, but my master spin instructor sells them for wholesale on his website. Jarlswebsite.com. I would check it out if you want to get one for a decent price!!
    Hey Thanks for the info. I checked his website and he doesn't show the F6. If you talk to him and he still has any...post here or Private Message me.
    thanks,
    bikerchick

bikerchick2 Guest

Hey everyone,
    thanks for the info. Still searching, keep the info coming.

I am using a Sigma Sports monitor that I got on bikenashbar.com for $38. I've been using it for 4 months now, and it's already out-lasted the Polar I used to have. This allows me to change the battery in it myself when it dies (it hasn't yet though). The Polar did not; you had to send it to Polar for them to change it. I hear that has changed now, but something to keep in mind. Look on Bike Nashbar because either they're having a sale of shipping is free, or both, most of the time.

I have an M32, it has own zone (where you can do a small fit test and set your zones if you want), also calories burned. The transmitter is the soft kind (not hard plastic) and that to me is the best thing of all!
    "If Ida seed youa comin Ida knowed what to do, Ida riz both arms and wove at you" ……….Ernest T Bass

Kelly

carpediem Guest

M32 is the best product out there..A little more $ but worth it!

11. Default Mmmm

I use a Polar S150.

If i was buying a new HR monitor i'd be looking for the following;

Time spent in Zones (minimum of 3 user set).
    Max HR for workout.
    Calories for workout.
    Excerise time.
    Downlaodable to computer/software (something like the polarcoach - it's free )
    Monitor records and saves multiple workouts.
    Coded transmitter.
    Owner replaceble batteries.
    Large readable display (these eyes ain't getting any younger).
    And if there's an option, for example, to use it on my bike for distance/speed/cadance/ascent etc, etc)

I was checking into the Garmin 305.
    There were some 'bugs' when the product was first released, they may have been 'fixed'. The firmware (built in software) is upgradable from the internet.

But it isn't cheap!

Enjoy the shopping.

Sincerely

Peter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast