Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Julz

1. Default

I took the Schwinn course this past March. The instructor made it very clear that what they were offering was not a certification but a workshop. As a result there is no requirement to take a certain amount of continuing ed to maintain your cert. She made us "promise" to stau current on our own. Generally speaking it was a clone of the JG program with changes in terms and funky antler things on the handle bars that have no identifiable purpose. It wasn't a bad workshop, but nothing new. Stick with the original.

fibbylish Guest

Default Julz...

I attended some Schwinn workshops at FitFest this year and I took classes with Julz, Keli Roberts and Rob Glick. They were all fabulous. I am the opposite of you though I'm pretty loud so I really liked her and took a lot out of her training. The only thing was she taught a triathlon simulation class and at my club we really just do cycling... no intervals or anything. But- if we ever did her energy was amazing. Keli's class was great too...she's a bit more reserved than I am she took us through her favorite ride which was great... and Robl Glick taught a class on Music.

Julz' website is fabulous in addition to that you can download her music on iTunes in the iMix section... search uncer cycling. She's got great stuff on there.

Hope this helps.

Default Just had my cert with Julz last Thursday...

and teaching my first class this Saturday

I LOVED Julz! she did a great job - far from boring...you know she's preggers yes? about 4 months along, just starting to show.

Didn't know about her iTunes mix (I generally use Napster myself) - she might have mentioned it but i might have been having a momentary brain fart...you know...will have to go check it out (although I'm generally a Napster person myself...yes I know). The only thing I regret is not paying for the entire SCW Mania so I could go to some additional seminars...next year I guess!

4. Default

I took my cert at IDEA World Fitness almost 2 years ago with Jay Blahnick and Julz. It was great. As far as dropping the cert-I don't think so-last year at IDEA World-Schwinn dominated the cycling seminars. There was no MDA, no LeMond (which was a shame-I like LeMond) and a smattering of Kesier-theirs was mostly HR monitoring-exactly like waht LeMond offered the year before. And no Les Mills-though they were supposed to have a booth. All the certs offer very similar training and I look at them like my ACE certs-foundations for building great instructors. BTW is Julz teaching again-last year at World she was ready to pop with a child-said she was taking some maternity leave?

Default Julz

I attend Atlanta Mania and have done several workshops with Julz, Jay, Mindy and Rob. They are all great! They leave you feeling like you could be so much better. And they are so approachable. If you ever get the chance to take one of their workshops, do! It is well worth it.

Julz just came to our club about a month ago and did both a Schwinn cert and Indo-Row class.

7. Default

I know this is an old thread, but I just got back from Philly Mania and took classes with Julz - she was great! Also took a couple classes with Amy Dixon and she knocked my socks off! If you have a chance to take a class with her, do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkonczal View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I just got back from Philly Mania and took classes with Julz - she was great! Also took a couple classes with Amy Dixon and she knocked my socks off! If you have a chance to take a class with her, do it!
    Ditto. I did my Schwinn with her (I'm also Spinning with Sabrina).

Julz was one of the best instructors I have ever taken! Love her!

10. Default

Julz is an excellent representative of the program. If you can, try to do your cert. with her. She explains everything well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12