Thread: 7 am Saturday ride-where's my peeps?

Default 7 am Saturday ride-where's my peeps?

I started last month at a new studio, teaching a 7am Saturday ride and 1 month in and it's been a struggle to get riders. Does anyone else teach at this time? How do you get riders and and keep them during the summer months? I live in a big bike community and once the weather is nice, everyone is outdoors. It feels like I'm starting all over again and trying to establish a new following.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I feel your pain! One of the places I teach put a 6:15a Friday morning class on the schedule b/c supposedly the members wanted it - the first class had 8 - this past Friday there were 2. The weekend classes in general see a fall-off of riders b/c they do go outdoors in the warm weather. Do you teach any other classes there? I teach a Sunday morning class & do a lot of self-promoting! I share the Friday class with another instructor and we alternate weeks, but I provide her with the workouts and we have a set theme - get in shape for summer, train for a race and do each theme for several weeks at a time. I also asked the club to put up signs pushing the class and asked the other instructors to remind people of the Friday class. Will the studio support your class until the weather turns cold again even if you only have a few riders? I found in general, it takes several months to get a following when you're new. Hope this helped.

I teach a 7:30pm cycle and TRX class on Tuesday, it's not exactly the morning crowd. The studio is willing to keep the class going in the summer. I've been subbing weekday early morning rides and attending the early morning yoga classes to promote the Sat. class but I'm still not getting a great attendance. I love the idea of doing a series to train for a race, that may get the outdoor riders inside.

4. Default

hi! have you thought about going out of the cycle room (if gym has equip) and recruiting from those on cardio equipment before class? Maybe doing a challenge series or game? we did 'Ride Across Canada" and made a Map Game Poster. the members stuck a pin on the different destinations we chose and moved the pin each class to move across the nation! at the end those that finished entered their name and we drew names for prizes we received from local merchants!! good luck!