Thread: Jokes for the Chatty Cathys

Default Jokes for the Chatty Cathys

To deal with the Chatty Cathys in class I love to go up to the Chatty Cathy's bike, make eye contact, and tell a super ridiculous, cheesy joke. My favorites:

What did Sushi A say to Sushi B? WASABI

Why don't some couples go to the gym together? Because some couples don't work out

What did the guy with amnesia say at the bar? So do I come here often?

Cheesy? YES Completely irrelevant to cycling? YES I've found it gets the participant refocused on class and it's silly humor for the rest of class to enjoy.

Anyone else have a fun way to deal with Chatty Cathys?

2. Default

LOL, I have one that likes to talk about what she is making for dinner, so I just yell to her and ask her to come dinner at my house. We laugh she gets back to work!

3. Default

I love this idea and I love cheesy jokes.
    Why don't forklift drivers like jokes? They find them Unpalletable.
    Why dont you see elephants hiding in trees? Because they're so good at it!

4. Default

I LOVE dealing with people who are acting disruptive in nonconfrontational ways. Because it usually works. In one gym, I sometimes have an issue getting people to stop talking so that I can start class. I'll usually start with, time to get acquainted with/say hi to/ the most interesting person in the room..YOURSELF! That usually does it. If people start chatting during a recovery, I'll mention that they should BE ABLE to talk, but they might want to save their breath for the next effort.

5. Default

These are great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eeco View Post
    Why don't some couples go to the gym together? Because some couples can't find best betting odds.

What did the guy with amnesia say at the bar? So do I come here often?
    Thanks for the laugh - very best medicine!
    Last edited by Gary Megson; 10-10-2017 at 08:23 AM.

7. Default

Great idea using jokes! Chatty Cathys grate my nerves so better to come with humor!