Thread: AFFA RECERTIFICATION question ???

1. Default AFFA RECERTIFICATION question ???

I am curious if anyone is having problems getting AFFA to respond. If you call the phone number on the internet it puts you on hold. Finally one day I thought I'm going to stay on hold until someone picks up. Well two hours later I was still on hold and hung up. I paid my lifetime membership about 8 weeks ago. Sent in all my complete paperwork for my recertification. I know they no longer send a card and that you are suppose to print out a certificate from the portal. I can't seem to find where it might be, but at least for now I don't think anyone has updated my portal. It could be there is only one employee and they are out on an extended sick leave, but has anyone else has this issue. Not sure why they say please hold and we will get to you once we are done with the previous caller, because that is not the case.

I need to get my certificate to one of the clubs where I teach and I'm beginning to get nervous. I have also emailed them without any response, but that has just been two emails in the last week Thank you.

Yes! Since they were absorbed by NASM it's been impossible. I emailed them about a course I wanted to take and never heard back. When I renew I never get confirmation and like you, cannot find the certificate on their website. I'm wondering if it would make sense to call/email NASM directly.

I just had to call them, yes I waited about 15-20 mins. They did say if you need to email you are better going tru the NASM.org site. The AFFA site isn't looked at as often.

Interesting that you were able to finally talk to someone. I've waited longer than 20min and still nothing. I've gone around and around these past two weeks via email and finally sent a real letter to them. All I want is a copy of my certification! It shouldn't be this difficult. I sent the letter to the AFAA address as it's listed. I wonder if it'll get there.

Thanks for the update.

I was expecting to get a certificate in the mail after I submitted my CECs, tried calling them when it didn't come after 6 weeks, gave up after holding for an hour, figured out you just log in from the AFAA home page (for courses after Jan. 2016), then click on "Certificates" and you can print it from there.

I tried that and there's nothing. I recertified in 2015. I've given up and will recertify again in 2017 with Ace (I'm certified as a personal trainer with them). I spoke to someone at Ace who said they'd work with me so I don't have to start all over again.