Thread: The Carmichael TCC training...

Default The Carmichael TCC training...

Hello, I want to know if the plan provided by Carmichael is valid for MTB marathons.

I like the marathons of one day and marathons of several days as the Cape Epic.

The Carmichael (Time Crunched Cyclist) plan will useful for this purpose? .

Thanks! .

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    Hello, I want to know if the plan provided by Carmichael is valid for MTB marathons.

I like the marathons of one day and marathons of several days as the Cape Epic.

The Carmichael (Time Crunched Cyclist) plan will useful for this purpose? .

Thanks! .
    Marathon had me confused. I think of 26.2 miles (42.2km) as a marathon. Cape Epic is a multi-day stage MTB race (645km in 2016). Other MTB events, including those that are single day events, are similar in that they challenge riders with a combination of distance and elevation, as well as technical skills (some courses more than others).

Disclaimer: I am not a MTB rider (road and triathlon, endurance events).

The plans that Carmichael could be used for building endurance and strength to tackle the distance and the climbing. Likely a good base, a good start, if you are new to training on the bike. The plans are geared towards road cyclists, so there is an element of MTB riding that would be lacking. Likely need to focus on a lot of short, intense intervals for MTB.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter