Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wssc 2016

Default Wssc 2016

So this is the 10th anniversary of Pedal-On's initial real attempt at a group gathering in Miami.Each year,the group has gotten bigger with some people (myself included) MIA (missing in action).But this year,there will be a meet-up like never before,so who is going?

I wanted to go, but my DIL's baby is due that weekend and I'll never hear the end of it if I miss that. I asked last year who from this group was going and didn't really get a response.

Oh bums......I guess your birth family should come before your Spinning® family There will be loads of photos and video (can I post videos as attachments on here yet???) for you to live vicariously through

Quote Originally Posted by rick316 View Post
    Oh bums......I guess your birth family should come before your Spinning® family There will be loads of photos and video (can I post videos as attachments on here yet???) for you to live vicariously through
    Yes....it should. Always and without reserve. Lets us all live *vicariously* from videos and attachments (I do it all the time) but for the folk who are *burdened* with family demands.......none of us need to feel chagrined by those WHO ARE NOT if we cannot sign up for the fun stuff!

I have attended WSSC with Dr. Baby.....and an AbFab time we both had.....but subsequent to that, the pair of us have had issues that beat out the need to learn about how to teach *pedal fast-pedal slow*

Viv - are you going this year?

Maybe, possibly, perhaps...

I/we'd initially planned a Mommy-Baby jaunt this year.....NY ECA or WSSC.....but the way stuff rolls (especially when you're transitioning to retirement and selling up and relocating etc. etc) I fancy it may not work out. The dau. was involved in a nasty road traffic accident on Friday (the weekend of her first wedding anniversary...;( .... http://www.callunaevents.com/geri-mi...inter-wedding/.....) and it looks like this may put a damper on our plans....for PURELY financial reasons, BTW

I'm sorry to hear of the accident,Viv, she going to be ok?

Yes.....thanks to her big ass new SUV. She was last in a line of slow moving traffic and rear-ended by someone texting at about 65 mph!!. Shunted her into the oncoming traffic and she had the gumption to haul on the wheel and get back onto the hard shoulder. She just traded up from her old small Subaru IMpreza and, driving that, I doubt the outcome would've been as good. She's pretty banged up and stiff and sore but no obvious damage (from X-ray and CT scan) Dog was in the back and also OK but she was so scared she let fly with her anal glands so the whole motor smell like skink. I think the underneath frame is badly damaged so it might be a write off.

Oh my goodness! People are such idiots. I'm glad she's basically ok - cars can always be replaced.

HAHAHAH!! Yes, for sure. Boy, would I be in trouble if the baby showed up and I was in Miami. I look forward to lots of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK View Post
    Oh my goodness! People are such idiots. I'm glad she's basically ok - cars can always be replaced.
    Yes they can.... she observed that very thing in spite of it being a NEW motor and her first transition into something a bit higher end and paid for with her own money she'd saved (even after paying for the wedding themselves) These newer SUVs don't come in stick shift any more, it seems and she was so upset to have to capitulate and drive an automatic but I reckon this is also something that helped......if the little Impreza would've stalled, there's no way she could've swerved back onto the hard shoulder.

She was a bit stupid initially and decided not to go straight to the hospital.....well there was the dog and her anal glands and she didn't call me immediately (no longer the Most Important Person )...but along with stiffening up a fair bit, she started getting pins and needles in one arm and hand. Something bad neurologically would be the end of her career so she skidaddled off to the ER on Sunday expecting to be treated like a law-suit chaser and ended up feeling a bit stupid as they took it all so very seriously and she almost earned a smack for not going there immediately. She's going for a massage today to see if that'll help. A good rub down is always nice, I reckon.

If only the problems I have now with motherhood were as easy as they were 30-odd years ago (when I thought temper tantrums were so irksome!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast