Thread: Insurance... where you get it and policy info

Default Insurance... where you get it and policy info

I know there are other threads but many of the links to sites no longer work and the last post was well over 2 years ago. Figured I would start a new thread so that we can all get up to date information!

I currently work at 3 gyms and 3 studios. Most places Im a paid employee but 2 places Im 1099 self contractor. Recently, 1 has stated that I must have insurance. They recommended one place which I believe was Philadelphia insurance or something like that. Im looking for insurance that will cover me as an indoor cycle instructor as well as a Personal Trainer or both in gym and out of gym training. Might as well get it all in one policy and for one price if possible?!

Anyone have a policy similar to what Im looking for or know of an affordable and reputable company to contact?

I have commercial general liability/professional liability from insurepersonaltrainers.com which seems to encompass everything. I paid $172 for the year. I think it's the same Philadelphia company you're talking about. I probably don't need it since I'm actually on the payroll of the clubs where I teach/train but it's cheap enough that I keep it up just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK View Post
    I have commercial general liability/professional liability from insurepersonaltrainers.com which seems to encompass everything. I paid $172 for the year. I think it's the same Philadelphia company you're talking about. I probably don't need it since I'm actually on the payroll of the clubs where I teach/train but it's cheap enough that I keep it up just in case.
    Thank you Martha I will look in to that site!

Any others would still be appreciated to compare and see what is the best for what Im looking for?

i need insurance info so i figured i bring this thread back to life. i know of a studio that is renting out their space at a per class basis. where can i get insurance for me and with the place named on the insurances policy?