Thread: Does Keiser still provide certification/trainings?

Default Does Keiser still provide certification/trainings?

Does anyone know if Keiser still offers instructor trainings? I've been asked to take over a class at a club that recently installed Keiser bikes a little over a year ago and I heard one of my local Gold's Gym locations just traded in their Spinners for Keiser bikes. The Keiser website is not very helpful and has precious little information and the training calendar has nothing at all for the foreseeable future.

Yes they do. I would suggest calling Keiser or ask your gym if they will be offering Keiser Cert now that your gym recently added Keiser bikes!

Alternatively, you could look at the Cycling Fusion offerings. Since you have a background in IDC anyway, you don't need a real *basic* certification that's just a different take on, say SPINNING. You'd get a lot out of all the work that Gino's put into making power work with the Keiser bikes.....for yourself as well for your students.

I agree with Viv - Gino has an excellent e-book on riding with power - the only caveat being your riders have to be into it. I teach one class with Keiser bikes and the others with Spinning bikes - I love the Keisers and found no need to get any other cert for them. The only thing I find with them is fitting the rider to the bike. The geometry is different and for shorter riders like myself - it's a harder fit especially if the person likes his/her handlebars high. It seems to me that the higher the bars, the further away from the seat they get and pushing the seat further forward only serves to put their knees in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK View Post
    I agree with Viv - Gino has an excellent e-book on riding with power - the only caveat being your riders have to be into it. I teach one class with Keiser bikes and the others with Spinning bikes - I love the Keisers and found no need to get any other cert for them. The only thing I find with them is fitting the rider to the bike. The geometry is different and for shorter riders like myself - it's a harder fit especially if the person likes his/her handlebars high. It seems to me that the higher the bars, the further away from the seat they get and pushing the seat further forward only serves to put their knees in the wrong place.
    I agree. You really do not need any other cert other than keiser if working on keiser. The bikes might be the easiest to instruct on. I think the set up is easy if you have the m3 with the handlebars that move up/down and forward/back.

What ebook are you talking about? I would be interested in reading it and see if it would be something my clients would be interested in!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK View Post
    Thank you, I will look it over!