Thread: Star Trac Spinner Pro Look pedal compatability?

1. Default Star Trac Spinner Pro Look pedal compatability?

Hello,

Just bought a Star Trac Spinner on CL, but the pedals have SPD clips which are not compatible with my Look Cleats, can I install my Look Keo pedals on the spinner?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Probably not. There is a commercial iteration of bike pedals that incorporates flat/SPD/LOOK in a general sort of sense but back when I taught at a gym where they'd made a financial investment in *LOOK compatible* pedals, the gym manager called the LOOK peeps to ask why so many of the gym members (maybe 2) complained about how they couldn't ram their cleats into the clips, he was advised that the actual, gen-U-ine, bone fide LOOK company had nothing to do with these IDC iterations and couldn't endorse them because well, IDC isn't that much like ODC so they didn't know.

I don't think there'd be a real issue with changing out the whole pedal combo, though....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rob13 View Post
    Hello,

Just bought a Star Trac Spinner on CL, but the pedals have SPD clips which are not compatible with my Look Cleats, can I install my Look Keo pedals on the spinner?

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    I am not familiar with the Star Trac, but my experience with other bikes is that you likely could. Take the pedal off and give it a try…
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries

Yes - any bicycle pedal will install on any Spinner or other Indoor Cycle. The one exception are the new Spinners with taper lock cranks.