Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newly Certified/Looking to Learn

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CycleGuy View Post
    I use an iPod Touch (has bluetooth). I plug a bluetooth receiver into the stereo and is paired with my iPod. The iPod is clipped into a bike mount that I mount on the handle bars of the bike I teach from. Everything is then played/managed (including volume) from my iPod. When I get off the bike to 'walk' the room, I am able to slip the iPod off the mount and take the iPod with me.

I use MyFitnessDJ Pro on the iPod. Time remaining in a piece/song and all my cues are displayed on the iPod, right in front of my on the bike.
    What type of Bluetooth receiver do you use? I would be interested in using something like this at our gym.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlotus View Post
    What type of Bluetooth receiver do you use? I would be interested in using something like this at our gym.
    There are quite a number of bluetooth receivers available. I use a Phillips Bluetooth Hi-Fi adapter. Available at Best Buy in Canada but I cannot find it on the U.S. site. It is small so it is easy to carry with my iPod and other gear in pouch. I have tried battery powered ones, but have found the ones that use an AC adapter to be more reliable.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

3. Default

I need this bike mount in my life!!! Where can I get one of those beauties? This would be so awesome so that I don't have to hold my phone when cueing and counting down!
    Thanks,
    Bint

4. Default

The bike mount is from LifeProof. Another Best Buy purchase. I noticed that Best Buy is now showing it as a clearance item with the price reduced.

It is meant for the iPhone 5, but it holds the iPod Touch well enough for the indoor cycling classes when the iPod Touch is in the LifeProof case for that model. It would not work for anything where the bike moves.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

5. Default

That's an awesome mount! I wish we had that!

Cycleguy, I realize this is an old thread, but I'd like to revisit it rather that start a new one. I'm curious if you are still using the Touch. What about software? Have you joined the streaming world? If you think we need to start a new thread on this I will do so. Thank you, as always, for your input.
    Marc

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by marc5 View Post
    Cycleguy, I realize this is an old thread, but I'd like to revisit it rather that start a new one. I'm curious if you are still using the Touch. What about software? Have you joined the streaming world? If you think we need to start a new thread on this I will do so. Thank you, as always, for your input.
    Marc
    Yes, I still use the same setup up with the mount and the iTouch. I don't use streaming services because I can't rely on an internet connection. I have tried a number of the class/teaching applications and always end up going back to MyFitnessDJ Pro. While I have to enter the profile for each song in each separate playlist, that works well because there a lot of times I do different moves for the same song, depending on what the class is focused on. The software also allows me to enter cues and specify the times that cue displays. So I don't need any cards or pieces of paper. I find it a very useful and versatile software for leading my classes with.

Follow me on Twitter

8. Default

Thank you for the insight, very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12