Thread: Multi Vitamins

1. Default Multi Vitamins

I was recently in a nutrition presentation and the facilitator indicated that our society is over-paying for a product that we end up just eliminating. Her words- expensive pee...

Thoughts?

Quite true for the most part. I think that for the average person without underlying pathology or any eating disorders, anything more than a multivitamin......maybe fish oil for omega 3s for folk who don't like fatty fish....as a "just in case" insurance policy is likely to be overkill. It's better to address dietary deficiencies by improving diet than adding pills and potions.

Sorry Dr. Oz!

Vivienne

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Tolman View Post
    I was recently in a nutrition presentation and the facilitator indicated that our society is over-paying for a product that we end up just eliminating. Her words- expensive pee...

Thoughts?
    i am quite agree now a days people start taking supplements without consulting with personal trainers and fitness experts and got zero benefits
    Last edited by hadriy; 08-30-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hadriy View Post
    i am quite agree now a days people start taking supplements without consulting with personal trainers and fitness experts and got zero benefits
    I'm sure you meant to say that "....people start taking supplements after consulting with personal trainers and fitness experts....", right? You wouldn't be trying to SPAM us and insult our intelligence by implying that a Tacoma personal trainer has some extra special knowledge and insight that's unavailable to the rest of us, would you.

Vivienne

5. Default

I eat a lot of vegetables and have been tested for nutritional deficiency more than once. I always pass. Stop eating so much crap, fix you digestion, forget about multivitamins

Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    I eat a lot of vegetables and have been tested for nutritional deficiency more than once. I always pass. Stop eating so much crap, fix you digestion, forget about multivitamins
    I'm wondering what tests you had that were designed to show *nutritional deficiency* and how reliable they were...

7. Default

My Primary care DR test my for deficiencies every 6 months. I take what he says I need. Mostly D3 and iron. I eat mostly vergetables not enough fish and meat. So I supplement with Isagenix Protein shakes.

8. Default

I take Vitamin D and a multivitamin every day and also usually mix collagen into my oatmeal, too. I agree, it’s totally tasteless and seems to have some great benefits.