View Poll Results: Are you promoting your class on Facebook?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - never

2 22.22%
  • Sporadically

1 11.11%
  • Yes - but only when there's a special event

3 33.33%
  • Pretty consistently / every week

3 33.33%
  • Multiple times a week

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you promote your classes on Facebook? Is it helpful?

Blog Entries

Default Do you promote your classes on Facebook? Is it helpful?

My dept head asked me if I promote my classes on Facebook - sheepishly I had to admit "not so much"

Are you?

Please indicate how much you're using Facebook in this poll and then leave a comment explaining if, or if not you find it helpful in building your participation numbers.

Frankly, I do not want to be "friends" with my students on Facebook. The YMCA where I teach has a Facebook page that promotes our classes for us, but I would like to think the popularity of my class has nothing to do with that.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

I don't want to be "friends" with my participants either, so I set up a separate FB page for my classes. It hasn't really helped increase my class participation.

4. Default

I teach at a local gym in a small town, so I am actually friends (or have become friends) with a lot of my participants. I promote my class on the facility Facebook page, as well as my own. I think it's a good reminder and has hooked a few extra riders, too!!!
    Tracy
    Michigan
    STAR3 Certified Spinning Instructor

5. Default

Because of my "day job" I am not a Face Book participant. Our club however has a online system where members sign up for classes, announcements are made and you can "vibe" with participants and other instructors. All of the schedules are posted. There is a separate Instructor Section where you note your class count, ask for a sub, etc. It is sort of a Facebook for the club plus more. Still learning it.

I'm sort of half and half. I guess that has to do with my overall love/hate of Facebook. I'm friends with some of my students, but I don't seek them out. They become my friends when they realize I'm friends with another instructor they've friended.... Anyway, I only promote special events on Facebook, although the "big box" group fit director will post almost daily what is on the schedule that day on the gym page and then tag me the days I teach, so it appears on my friend's news feeds.

I personally think it has very little effect, especially now that the news feed is getting more and more heavily populated with ads disguised as posts. What is more important (in my opinion) is having a regularly-updated website that has accurate class times and (when possible) subs / cancellations / changes clearly indicated.
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

7. Default

I post to the my FB page and the facilities. THis way if I don't want to be friends with them (or they with me) they can check the gym's page.

8. Default

I'm in a little different position as a studio owner. The studio page obviously posts info about classes pretty regularly. I have become facebook friends with a number of the studio's more regular participants (and some were friends before the studio opened). I frequently "share" posts from the studio page on my own timeline, but don't frequently post about specific class *I* am teaching unless there's something special going on.

I'm comfortable being Facebook friends with my customers/clients, because in general, I don't post a lot of personal information.
    Inner Drive Cycling|Fitness Studio
    Indoor Cycling|Functional Fitness|Multisport Coaching & Club
    www.innerdrivestudio.com

9. Default No but...........

I myself am not on Facebook at all. Our club does have a Motion Vibe site. Members may view schedules, sign up for classes, "vibe with others" etc. . Announcements are also posted on this site. Instructors actually post their class count , make sub requests and can check their schedules, etc. This site also is used for payroll to calculte the number of classes you taught. Hoes this information is helpful.

10. Default

I do! You never know who you might motivate to try a class! It may surprise you.

11. Default

My classes have pretty good attendence and most people are "regulars" at the various clubs I'm at... so no, I don't advertise on FB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast