Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star 2?

1. Default

Thanks Spin_me - I might go for it this year as well.

I also understood that earning 40 cumulative STAR points gained an instructor a "lifetime" Spinning certification. Curiously, I've been unable to find anything on the Spinning.com web site confirming this or addressing it as a result of gaining STAR 3 certification. Just a waived certification renewal fee after earning 40 STAR points. My original Spinning instructor certification letter references earning 14 STAR points every two years "up to a cumulative total of 40 points" so there's an implication of additional STAR points beyond 40 being unnecessary but it doesn't specifically address what happens at that point.

I sent an online question to Mad Dogg Athletics on this issue this afternoon and will post here after they reply.

Quote Originally Posted by EdM View Post
    I sent an online question to Mad Dogg Athletics on this issue this afternoon and will post here after they reply.
    Good luck waiting for that to happen.

I exceeded 40 points years ago (but still take a few courses from time to time as well as other formats/power-based training etc.) Seems every time the SPINNING website gets updated, my information gets lost (maybe that's what happens after you exceed 40 points) and it takes so long to fix it, I gave up even bothering to check.

I made sure I had plenty of photocopies of my details last time they were correct and that's about the last time I accessed the SPINNING website.

Re: my post last Thursday, the people from Mad Dogg Athletics replied to my question and confirmed it is not necessary to earn additional CEUs after accumulating 40 in order to maintain the Spinning Instructor certification. No requirement to pass the STAR 2 or 3 test. Their exact reply follows. They did misinterpret & thought I was currently at 40 CEUs. I'm not but close enough to expect to be by the end of my current two year renewal period.

Thank
    you for contacting Mad Dogg Athletics, I will gladly assist you with your
    inquiry. Since you have accomplished over 40 cumulative CEC’s; you can renew
    your certification every two years without paying a renewal fee, and without
    submitting additional CEC’s. Simply log into your account and click on “My
    Account” click on “Education” under “Education Summary” click on “Renew” once
    you confirm and save your primary contact information your account will update
    for the next 2 years. A new updated certification card will arrive within 10 to
    14 business days. This process helps us keep track of our Spinning Instructors
    who are actively teaching.

Spin_me Guest

One of our german MI told the same. You can renew you Spinning Card every two years, if you like to have a valid license card. But not me... :-)
    My Education says.... Your certification expires/expired at 31/12/2050. You can renew between 3 months before and 1 year after this date.
    That means September 2050 or 3 month after my 86. Birthday :-))

I think.....if you have 40points on your account and you are under the 2 years period, you can buy the STAR 3 Test in your Education Area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12