Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star 2?

1. Default Star 2?

Hi,

I have over 40 star points and thinking about going for Star 2. I don't get paid anymore for this but ready to test my spinning knowledge. How rough is the exam?

The exam is open book, so it depends how you approach it. You can take the STAR 2 test after getting 20 points and STAR 3 test after 40. I think you still need some specific CECs to before you can take the STAR 3 test.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

3. Default

Thanks
    what are the benefits of taking the Star 2 test?

The benefit of taking the STAR 2 test is, that passing it, makes one eligible to take the STAR 3 test; which once passed, gives a SpinningⓇ instructor lifetime certification.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

5. Default

wait-don't you receive lifetime cert. after getting 40 points? I am all for furthering my education I am torn between going for Star 2 this week or taking continuing ed in in a land class. So many options so little $.

Not automatically, no, you have to pass the STAR 2 & 3 tests to receive lifetime certification. I guess the thinking is that passing the tests require that you actually study what you "learned" in the continuing ed workshops.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

7. Default

took it last night-I am now Star 2. Next month I will go for Star 3.

Well done.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

9. Default

Well done. Double check on the STAR3. I got all my necessary credits and then they changed the requirements to include a specific class - SPINTENSITY. I've scheduled the class at our facility in September so our instructors can take it if they're interested....and then I will be STAR3, too. Just in time to avoid having to reup my certification.
    Tracy
    Michigan
    STAR3 Certified Spinning Instructor

10. Default

I thought it was definitely worth it, and some clubs pay a lot more with higher certifications.

Spin_me Guest

Periodization for Peak Performance was a good Online Course to answer a lot oft STAR 3 questions. Higher cert = more money......in Germany not really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast