Thread: neck and shoulder pain

Default neck and shoulder pain

Hi everyone,

Lately when I'm really pushing myself during class, I've experienced a pain/cramp in my neck, shoulder and torso, always on the right side. I've been spinning for years and have never had this issue before. It's not severe enough that I have to stop, but it is really annoying and distracting! Does anyone know how I might prevent this--stretches, technique, etc.?

Thanks!

I would suggest going to your doctor or if you have a PT at your facility talking with one of the practitioners.
    Cycle Happy!
    EuroD
    Cycle Instructor Emeritus
    Star 3 Spinning Instructor
    Schwinn Certified Cycle Instructor
    AFAA Primary Certification
    Spotify

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LilyV View Post
    Lately when I'm really pushing myself during class, I've experienced a pain/cramp in my neck, shoulder and torso, always on the right side.
    Thanks!
    Some months before i suffered from same condition i felt same pain in my left shoulder and it just was due to stress.. if your body posture is poor than it would put extra stress on your muscles and you would feel pain so consult with Tacoma Personal Trainer its my suggestion
    Last edited by hadriy; 08-30-2014 at 02:28 AM.

4. Default

Try not gripping the hands. Sometimes gripping can lead to some shoulder and neck issues.

5. Default

Physiotherapy helps you to get relief from any pain. i agree with you after any accident or long treatment body muscles get stiffen.