Thread: Real Ryder & Spinner Bikes in same class

1. Default Real Ryder & Spinner Bikes in same class

The new director at my YMCA has the idea to buy 3-5 Real Ryder bikes for our program. We can't afford more than that at this time. Right now, we have 26 Spinner bikes. I am familiar with the Real Ryder bikes in that I've read about them and seen a video of them in use. My thinking is that instructors would not be able to teach to a class if only some of the participants were on Real Ryders, while the others were on regular Spin bikes. As much as I would love to have these bikes, I'm not sure buying just a few makes sense. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Blog Entries

Hi Chris! My view would be similar to having Mountain Bikes join our road bike group ride. Will it work at some minimum level? Yes - but to quote a line from an old movie; it just ain't natural

3. Default

Oh, hey John! Thanks for your response. That's kind of what I thought.

4. Default

We have both LeMond and Real Ryder - it seems to work...newer participants like the LeMond bikes and the seasoned riders like the Real Ryder bikes.

I am new, so pardon the ignorance, but what is the difference? Are they both indoor cycling "spin" type bikes?