+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Cycling Videos?

Default Why Cycling Videos?

There are hundreds of great HD videos to show during the class (like this on from a forum member) available and last year we filmed some videos with a drone as well.
    But actually I'm not 100% sure if cycling videos are the best content to show during a class only because we pedal too. Why not sandbag boxing? They have a cadence too. Or fitness dancing? Or event skyrunning?

I believe great sport videos are able to motivate the customers too even it's ntot cycling.
    For me indoor cycling is not the "smaller brother" of cycling but a "stand alone" sport.
    What do you think?

2. Default

We use some cycling specific videos, but incorporate other stuff as well. There are a lot of really awesome GoPro videos that I think make for GREAT content in cycling classes.

Here's a Summer-themed video playlist I used last summer that includes some cycling videos, but lots of other stuff as well.
    Inner Drive Cycling|Fitness Studio
    Indoor Cycling|Functional Fitness|Multisport Coaching & Club
    www.innerdrivestudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by InnerDrive View Post
    We use some cycling specific videos, but incorporate other stuff as well. There are a lot of really awesome GoPro videos that I think make for GREAT content in cycling classes.

Here's a Summer-themed video playlist I used last summer that includes some cycling videos, but lots of other stuff as well.
    The playlist looks cool. I'll try this in my next session. Thanks!

4. Default

I have seen some classes with video and always thought that that would be a good idea to change things up. Do you feel it motivates the class members more to have a visual aid? I guess it probably depends on the class members, some people are visual learners and I could imagine that being a helpful tool.

My other question is, does it take a lot more time to plan a class using video?

Thanks!

Adrienne

One facility where I teach has a 70" flat screen on the front wall and we use a DVD player mostly for scenic videos, some with actual cyclists doing a ride. There's no syncing to the class profile. I've made a couple of DVD slide shows that I have synced to the profile. One my class loves is a Boston Marathon ride I've used for a 6am class on the day of the Boston Marathon. The ride profile approximately follows the terrain the marathoners run from Hopkinton to Boston and the slides are synced (again...approximately) to parts of the marathon course we're "riding".

I wondered the same thing. As I watched the awesome videos and playlist I couldn't help but to think adding these types of videos would have class members more into the video than listening to the cues. Advise or experience on the matter?
    Thanks!

We poled our members and everyone likes the video. Yes, it takes me a lot of time to create a video, now not only do I search for the best music, I search videos....but its worth it!
    I use cycling videos, especially for sprint finishes! Now some of the pros use on-board cameras, so cool. When I figure out how to post links, I will do so.
    But I also use just about anything: surges to weightlifting, tempo with music videos, intervals with countdown timers, fun with crazy green screen cats!
    However, I am working on video #50 and need inspiration...please help!
    thanks!

+ Reply to Thread