Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great finish-line-sprint music (short)

1. Default

He's pirate from pirates of the Caribbean.

"And now for something completely different" Instead of using that "great finish line sprint song" has anyone turned off the music? Pedal stroke; breathing and HR at the end of a surge/push/sprint have a pretty intense rhythm going just by them self w/o music.

When I've done this I of course tell my folks it's coming. I tell them I'm going to put them at the front of the pack and strip away their team; their support and their music. They are going to have to finish this thing "entirely" on their own.

Cheeze
    "I'm writing you a prescription that you have to increase the dosage of your exercise"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeze View Post
    "And now for something completely different" Instead of using that "great finish line sprint song" has anyone turned off the music? Pedal stroke; breathing and HR at the end of a surge/push/sprint have a pretty intense rhythm going just by them self w/o music.

When I've done this I of course tell my folks it's coming. I tell them I'm going to put them at the front of the pack and strip away their team; their support and their music. They are going to have to finish this thing "entirely" on their own.

Cheeze
    "I'm writing you a prescription that you have to increase the dosage of your exercise"
    I have. It can be very powerful. I use the same type of visual/explanation. That it is just them now. They are all alone and have to find it within themselves to go these last minute or two.

Good call, Cheeze!
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

4. Default

Great suggestions!

I’ve used Loving You Again (2:22) by Los Romanticos de Zacatecas.
    60 sec flat road 95–100 rpm
    60 sec flat road 100–110 rpm
    10 sec sprint
    12 sec easy

This is all great. I'm newer and seeing how others break down songs is helpful.

7. Default

Burn it to the ground....Nickleback

I like to finish with "Highway to Hell (featuring Steve Vai) by 2CELLOS. You've all heard he song before, but never like this! No words, all music and speed.

9. Default

Any Way You Want It by Journey is a big hit, as is Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

10. Default

I like Adreline, and recently obsessed with (although from 2012) Run Boy Run.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zeroteque View Post
    This is all great. I'm newer and seeing how others break down songs is helpful.
    same here....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12