Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: great finish-line-sprint music (short)

Default great finish-line-sprint music (short)

Anyone have favorite short songs for finish-line sprints to end a race profile? I have a couple I love but am feeling the need for freshness! My all-time favorite is Run This Town/Posthumus Zone, Jay-Z, just to offer up something as well as asking all the time!

2. Default

My all-time favorite is Trent Reznor's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" (2:22) from the Social Network soundtrack. Resistance load to max gear until 1:32, then all-out effort for no more than 30 seconds. I'm actually putting it into my playlist for tomorrow as we speak.

You might also find some inspiration from this collaborative playlist on Spotify:
    Best Songs for All-Out Effort

Tarah, thank you, thank you! I'm headed to spotify now.

This is my Spotify Playlist called "Big Finishes" - they might not all work for a sprint, but this is what I go for when we've been saving up for a big finale to the ride: http://open.spotify.com/user/1251364...8uXR1xicOgAmXQ

Also, check out the collaborative playlists on this thread: http://www.pedal-on.com/showthread.p...tify-Playlists

You might find the one for All-Out Efforts to be useful. These are collaborative lists, so don't forget to add your favorites in there as well!
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

5. Default

Raise Your Glass, 3:24
    There's a clean "radio edit" version that takes out the f-bomb. Sprint the chorus 3 times. It get's a little longer each time. I like to use the song for an uphill finish, but it would work on flat road sprints since you should have some resistance on the fly wheel anyway...

6. Default

And since it's December, Christmas Night of the Living Dead at 2:22 is a great finish line sprint song.
    Last year I did "My Most Irreververent Christmas Ride" profile and finished with this. Best song on the playlist...

groupfitpower, thanks for linking all this great info. There's so MUCH great info here on P-O that it takes someone like you to help steer us newbies. Appreciate your role as one of the historians/reference librarians

Quote Originally Posted by groupfitpower View Post
    This is my Spotify Playlist called "Big Finishes" - they might not all work for a sprint, but this is what I go for when we've been saving up for a big finale to the ride: http://open.spotify.com/user/1251364...8uXR1xicOgAmXQ

Also, check out the collaborative playlists on this thread: http://www.pedal-on.com/showthread.p...tify-Playlists

You might find the one for All-Out Efforts to be useful. These are collaborative lists, so don't forget to add your favorites in there as well!
    Last edited by trekgirl; 12-14-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarah View Post
    My all-time favorite is Trent Reznor's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" (2:22) from the Social Network soundtrack. Resistance load to max gear until 1:32, then all-out effort for no more than 30 seconds. I'm actually putting it into my playlist for tomorrow as we speak.
    I taught my first ever class on Tuesday and my finish line sprint song was "Scooter - Pushing the Beat" which is basically a pumped up version of "In the Hall of the Mountain King". It worked really well, getting the class to match the beat as it rises and adding gears to build to a crescendo! If I recall correctly the beat finishes at 90rpm but loaded up with gears!

9. Default

I did an interval workout this week to an "Olympics" inspired playlist. My final song was Three Doors Down , The Champion in Me, it worked great for the final push.

10. Default

Another one of my favorite "Big Finish" songs is Welcome to the Jungle. I like to use songs that feel "heavy", almost like the song is beckoning you to turn up that resistance and pedal hard.

11. Default

I'm a big fan of Linkin Park's Bleed it Out for a big finish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast