Thread: logging in... again... and again?

Default logging in... again... and again?

I'm wondering why it is that if I am logged in to P-O, enjoying it and soaking up information, and I walk away to attend to some other part of my life, when I come back in an hour (to the very same tab on my computer) to look again at that profile I can't wait to try out, I have to LOG IN AGAIN?

No, it doesn't take long. But YES, it is annoying! Anything I can do to change that? Thanks P-O!! Cheers -

Quote Originally Posted by trekgirl View Post
    I'm wondering why it is that if I am logged in to P-O, enjoying it and soaking up information, and I walk away to attend to some other part of my life, when I come back in an hour (to the very same tab on my computer) to look again at that profile I can't wait to try out, I have to LOG IN AGAIN?

No, it doesn't take long. But YES, it is annoying! Anything I can do to change that? Thanks P-O!! Cheers -
    Hrmmmm.... Mine does not do that. I'm wondering if it has to do with your browser settings -- are you configured to automatically delete your cookies/temp files/etc? If your browser does a sweep of your cookies while you are away, then PO will ask you to sign in again. The only time I have to log back in is when I clear out all of that data.
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

I don't have mine set to clear cookies, but my security-conscious husband frowns on using the "remember me" option for sites - which is I'm sure a cookie - and so I understand that I'd need to log in each time I open the site. P-O is the only site that dumps me out if I haven't closed the tab, though. I suppose it's more of an administrative query, really. Thanks for your time in responding! Cheers -

Blog Entries

I agree with Groupfitpower - this sounds like your browser is causing this. Mine stays logged on forever.

Trekgirl you aren't using Internet Explorer are you? It's often the cause of many of problems I hear from Instructors. I strongly suggest running Google's Chrome for anyone using a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I agree with Groupfitpower - this sounds like your browser is causing this. Mine stays logged on forever.

Trekgirl you aren't using Internet Explorer are you? It's often the cause of many of problems I hear from Instructors. I strongly suggest running Google's Chrome for anyone using a PC.
    I'm in IE. And as long as you are IE 8 or higher, the common woes of old are no longer.
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

Thanks all. I run Firefox. Earlier today I spent 20min or so posting a profile (I'm slow!) and then was booted out and lost the whole thing. Pahh. In utter disgust I logged back on and checked the "remember me" box (shhh, don't tell my hubs) because if that were to happen again? I believe my head might depart my body...

Problem solved. I'm grateful that y'all care enough to respond!

That is the worst! You might try typing up your longer responses and posts in another application like notepad or Word first, then copy it into the text box when you are ready to submit. It helps alleviate that pain, especially if you can't get it all written in one sitting.

:-)