Thread: ECA/Thrive Conference 2013

Blog Entries

Default ECA/Thrive Conference 2013

I'm planning to attend the ECA Thrive conference in Fort Lauderdale FL on Friday 11/8. Anyone going? Has anyone attended ECA in the past? If so, what was your impression of the event?

John .... back when I lived on LI, I attended every ECA conference up in NYC.....just like a few folk who post on P-O. Haven't done the Thrive but I've found these ECA gigs to be seriously excellent......don't even wonder about *not* doing it.

My first couple of years up here in Beantown, the ECA was called *Boston Balance* .... and it seems to have died a death for lack of interest apparently (I guess you'll know more about this sort of apathy than I )

FWIW, I've decided that the trip up to Danvers is just too taxing .....so I've booked my hotel room there (for the first time ever outside of doing WSSC) for Boston Mania. (feeling nostalgic for those ICI/PRO conferences)

Hey guys,
    I go to ECA NYC every year (and used to see my bud Vivienne there. ) I have found that there is always good stuff - especially in the Spinning program. Overall, I think ECA conferences have come down in attendance and creativity. Many of the sessions are equivalent to master classes but overall, I still attens. It's a good way to get the credits and see old pals.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Hey guys,
    I go to ECA NYC every year (and used to see my bud Vivienne there. ).
    Those were the days, Renee. I remember one year when I managed to get the daughter to come along.....the two of us and you and Joy Weiser.....and Will. Spinbob and Spinbob minor were there one year also, IIRC ..... a nice boy if ever there was one.

I have very fond memories of the ECA .....my very first ever fitness conference back in Days of Yore. It pains me just to think about trying to hobble off the train at Port Washinton to find my car....

and then getting up to do it again the next day! Still love it, though. I hope to see YOU again soon at some event or another!

6. Default

Hey John - I will be at the ECA Thrive conference myself, so I will look forward to seeing you there. Please come visit the Mad Dogg Athletics booth, when you have a moment.

Sincerely,

Tony Berlant
    Director of Programs

Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc.
    2111 Narcissus Ct., Venice, CA 90291
    Phone: 800.847.7746 x232
    Fax: 310.823.7408
    E-mail: tberlant@maddogg.com