Thread: New Activity Stream option for What's New?

Blog Entries

Default New Activity Stream option for What's New?

We just completed the latest upgrade of the software that runs Pedal-On.com. There's a new option to display an "Activity Stream" to give you more detail of new posts and threads.

Do you like it? Or would you prefer the old version (click here to see it) added back?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We just completed the latest upgrade of the software that runs Pedal-On.com. There's a new option to display an "Activity Stream" to give you more detail of new posts and threads.

Do you like it? Or would you prefer the old version (click here to see it) added back?
    John,

I like the old version (appears to be the search for new posts since last visit). It limits the display to threads that have posts I have not read. The newer stream seems to include all threads and posts, albeit sorted in chronological order.

Also, when I click on the link in the new display, there is no option to go to the first unread post in the thread. Though this might just be because I had already opened the thread from the old version.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

Mine still works as usual .... there's just the one extra "what's new" heading there.

4. Default

I like it. It's easier to scan through the posts to see what's new, versus having to go into each individual thread.
    Tracy
    Michigan
    STAR3 Certified Spinning Instructor

Blog Entries

I've switched it back + there's a new notification on the What's New page when you scroll down.

You'll see the Activity Stream option just below.

I like the Activity Stream -- so nice to see some of the content of new posts to threads instead of having to click through to read what might turn out to just be a smiley or the equivalent. I don't mind an extra click to get there either, if you leave the What's New as it is.

Thanks, John.
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify