Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your go-to pre/post w/o nutrition?

1. Default

Some people have great results using cardio in a fasted state, while others do not. I usually need something prior to working out. For those on WW, an apple or banana would be a good option. This will also count as zero points for them. As I understand, almost all fruits and vegetables on the new WW system are zero points. If they are hungry after the workout, I would suggest something with a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. This has been proven to be most effective for muscle recovery. Low fat chocolate milk is a great choice. But, as Mel pointed out they shouldn't feel like they "have" to eat something to get the benefits of recovery if they aren't hungry.

Kimberly, RD

2. Default

greetings fellow instructors (and RDs)
    Mel said it very well. My personal favorite after teaching 2 classes Sunday mornings is whole grain waffle with almond butter, homemade jam and icy cold coffee milk
    Tracy T RD

3. Default

I agree, I skip the shakes and stick to whole foods like almonds, greek yogurt, and whole fruits

4. Default

almond butter on a sprouted whole grain bagel - my fav!

5. Default

Coming back to check on my thread here...THANKS SO MUCH...for these awesome replies...a reason I love this forum...the diverse backgrounds of people we have, willing to share their knowledge.

6. Default

In my pre workout meal I take fresh fruits juices, yogurt, eggs, and protein shakes etc.
    In post workout meal I eat some solid protein foods such as meat, fish, peanut butter, cheese, eggs, green leafy vegetables, and nuts etc.

adamprowse fitness trainer
    Last edited by Jonsoran005; 12-14-2013 at 02:17 AM.

7. Default

Does anyone train with branched chain amino acid supplements? What are your thoughts on their effectiveness?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy C. View Post
    Does anyone train with branched chain amino acid supplements? What are your thoughts on their effectiveness?
    I do...they seem to have helped with muscle fatigue and joint discomfort...I'm in my mid 40's and teach at least one class daily, so even though it may be placebo effect I figure it can't hurt. :-)

I use MRM Watermelon. It is made with stevia instead of aspartame.
    Tracy
    Michigan
    STAR3 Certified Spinning Instructor

9. Default

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. Default

Pre: bananas if work out is shorter than an hour. half bagel w peanut butter if longer than an hour
    Post: for an hour work out- protein shake. Longer than an hour- chicken salad or a turkey wrap

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy C. View Post
    I do, they really seem to help with stabilizing my energy (I use the non-caffeinated ones) especially if I teach too early in the morning to eat before class. I know I *should* eat before classes, but when I sub at 5:30AM that's just not happening!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast