Thread: Schwinn Training

Default Schwinn Training

I am already certified through Les Mills and CycleFusion but I am taking the Schwinn training this week. Anyone have any thoughts on the program? How it's different? What I should expect?

I would assume that you already see the difference between Les Mills and CycleFusion. Schwinn IMHO leans more towards the training you received from CycleFusion. Knowing the minds and method behind the CycleFusion certification, that is a solid base and teaching.
    Cycle Happy!
    EuroD
    Cycle Instructor Emeritus
    Star 3 Spinning Instructor
    Schwinn Certified Cycle Instructor
    AFAA Primary Certification
    Spotify

I realize that this is an old post, but I only have experience with Schwinn and Spinning. I'm Schwinn certified but have taken many classes by MadDog of Spinning instructors. Primarily Schwinn seems to focus on more authentic cycling principles, so no "position 2" or pedaling super quickly . . . Since I began teaching those who are used to Spinning have told me how much more they enjoy classes without novelty.

To be fair, I don't know what Spinning teaches and I assume that most instructors mutate the instruction to what they think students like.

4. Default

What about Schwinn vs Spinning Certifications? About the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharpe View Post
    What about Schwinn vs Spinning Certifications? About the same?
    If you have the option for either certification, I'd go with Schwinn. I'm not saying that Schwinn is inherently superior, but I've had significantly better experiences with Schwinn than Spinning certified instructors, and when I was Schwinn certified I was impressed with their focus on authentic cycling principles (so no 'position 2,' jogging (?), pedaling super fast, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroteque View Post
    ..... I'd go with Schwinn. I'm not saying that Schwinn is inherently superior, but I've had significantly better experiences with Schwinn than Spinning certified instructors, and when I was Schwinn certified I was impressed with their focus on authentic cycling principles (so no 'position 2,' jogging (?), pedaling super fast, etc.)
    If you would've done a SPINNING cert with any of the Master Trainers I've had the good fortune to be associated with, you wouldn't be talking this $hiTe..

That's not to say that any one *cert* is better than any other.....but still.....

Limited experience can be very limiting..

Vivienne

I'm writing to second my good friend Vivienne. None of the many SPINNING Master Presenters that "I've" had the good fortune to be associated with would teach that stuff.

My Slice Of Cheeze
    "If your currently sitting on the passenger side - slide over into the driver seat"

Absolutely! Like I said, it's just my perception. I'm sure SPINNING can be great, just not many instructors I've taken. Didn't mean to offend.

In fairness, zerteque, it's not your fault if your instructors weren't up to standard..... and it does seem that there are a few more places in the SPINNING programme that are open to stupid misinterpretation (there's no such thing as a Good Idea that can't be messed about with in some way by some genius) Sound principles are sound principles no matter what the cert. course and how you apply what you've been taught.

I think one of the advantages that the *other* certs have (all of which I've experienced) is that it's been possible to see just what contraindications can develop over time and engineer them out........for instance "jumps" were never intended to be popcorn jumps, there really are max. cadence limits etc. etc. I guess it's the price you pay for being the Original.