Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 11 of 12

Thread: WSSC 2013, who is going?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,576

    Default WSSC 2013, who is going?

    I will be there, I am volunteering again, and starting to count the days. Traditionally, longtime forum members congregate at the couches closest to the escalators, on the right side of the lobby as you enter the hotel. If you have any interest in making some in-person contact, don't be shy, swing by and introduce yourself. Hazing is at a minimum (joke) and usually involves alcohol . One of the nice things about WSSC, is that everyone wears a name tag. My name is Bob and I look pretty much like my avatar. If you see me, stop me and say hello.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

  2. #2

    Default

    You'll see me, and I pretty much look like my avatar too.

    :-)
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

    My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I will be there! I hope to meet lots of folks. I look like my avitar and my name is Rae.

  4. Default

    I'll be there! Rolling in Thursday evening, looking forward to it!
    Kathy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojoshadow View Post
    I'll be there! Rolling in Thursday evening, looking forward to it!
    Kathy
    Do I know what you look like? (I know I'm setting myself up with this one.)
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groupfitpower View Post
    You'll see me, and I pretty much look like my avatar too.

    :-)
    Yes, I've seen your stripes...
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

  7. #7

    Default

    And my irreverent faces.

    What are the sessions you can't wait for? I cannot wait to finally get to ride with Jackie (jack24ren) - we're doing SoulSistas. Squee!!! I am also excited for Scott S's iditarod ride... And Luciana is always spectacular. Anyone else have a favorite MI or session?
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

    My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpinBob View Post
    Do I know what you look like? (I know I'm setting myself up with this one.)
    I'll announce myself when I enter the room

    Funny story - several years ago when attending a fan convention in CA, I had arranged to share a room with a woman from NH who I met online in that forum, but had never met in person. She arrived late at night and entered the room introducing herself and making sure I knew it wasn't an axe murderer!

  9. Default

    Really need to start pulling all of my stuff together - made a 'to do' list the other day, but still need a 'to take' list!

    Anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to the hotel?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groupfitpower View Post
    And my irreverent faces.

    What are the sessions you can't wait for? I cannot wait to finally get to ride with Jackie (jack24ren) - we're doing SoulSistas. Squee!!! I am also excited for Scott S's iditarod ride... And Luciana is always spectacular. Anyone else have a favorite MI or session?
    I always love Luciana, I'm her biggest fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojoshadow View Post
    Really need to start pulling all of my stuff together - made a 'to do' list the other day, but still need a 'to take' list!

    Anyone have a recommendation for a shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to the hotel?

    Pack a power strip, the hotel is severely short on electrical outlets.

    There is a shuttle desk on the ground level at the airport, you can just tell them where you are going and hop on a shuttle.

    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    I had a couple of people walk up to me and say, "You're SpinBob, aren't you? You really do look like you avatar." You know who you are and I expect you to stop lurking.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •