Thread: keiser m3 vs schwinn ac performance

Default keiser m3 vs schwinn ac performance

Here's a "good" problem. We are finally going to 'flip' our cycle room from old Schwinn IC Pros to mag resistance bikes. So far we're focused on M3s and AC Performance bikes. Does anyone have a solid preference on which is the better bike and why? I saw an on-line video by someone named Jeff which really made me lean towards the Schwinn. Anyone willing to weigh in? Thanks!

I think it comes down to if one prefers the feel of a chain driven cycle vs the belt and the "noise" differential. I was looking at the M3 as the quieter ride appealed to me,but at the end of the day I couldnt warm up to the feel of the Keiser.

I bought the Schwinn and love it

3. Default

I loe the Keiser...so smooth, so quiet, made in the US. But I couldn't get a good fit. I went with the Schwinn AC and love it. Congrats on the new bikes...whatever you get, I hope you love them!

4. Default

I'm about to open a new studio, and went with FreeMotion bikes with power. The "power" component was an important consideration for me for the class formats I'm interested in offering, and on that front, I felt that FreeMotion was the best choice. I'm VERY happy with the bikes. I was actually at an Endurance Expo with a couple of them over the weekend showing off the bikes and promoting the studio, and had a number of people comment on how nice they thought the bikes were. The new "carbon drive" bikes are very quiet, like a belt driven bike (Keiser, etc.), but with more of a traditional chain driven feel. I'm very happy with my choice!
    Inner Drive Cycling|Fitness Studio
    Indoor Cycling|Functional Fitness|Multisport Coaching & Club
    www.innerdrivestudio.com

5. Default

I have never used a schwinn before, however I love that the Keiser has the RPM, watts, heart rate and time. No need for a cadence check and it is easy for riders to monitor their own cadence. Are the Schwinn bikes similiar to the Keiser bikes?

The YMCA where I teach has been slowly changing over to the Keiser bikes. I do not have any input as far as the Schwinn but have ridden the Keisers. I have had issue with people not getting the very fine teeth to mesh on the handle bar height as well as the seat adjustments. Half way through class someone will either had one or the other drop on them. I go over this every class and show them repeatedly how to make sure they have them "locked" in. We got four bike at first then the next year five more. These all are the M3s without the for and aft handle bar adjustments. The resistance between the first and second sets of bike are no where near the same. With these bike the bars move away the further up you raise them making for some fit issue for some people. This year we got five with the new style adjustable bars, the bars are shaped differently and some love them some hate them. The RPM, heart rate, time and distance readouts are nice and the people seem to like that. Our old bikes are Star Trac Spinners a few are NXT the rest I am not sure of the model. Long story short some people love the Keisers some people wont ride them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mwest7 View Post
    I have never used a schwinn before, however I love that the Keiser has the RPM, watts, heart rate and time. No need for a cadence check and it is easy for riders to monitor their own cadence. Are the Schwinn bikes similiar to the Keiser bikes?
    We utimately got the schwinns. I love the feel and the adjustments seem to be fairly easy for people to handle. Most of the riders in my center are not cyclists, and by & large, they don't 'get' cadence. I love that I can throw out a number or tell them to "increase" 15 RPM. I used to just say "match my legs" and then I'd look around the room and see people all over the place. Another instructor has people count pedal strokes for 15 seconds but I hear tht annoys everyone.

8. Default

cycle*punk, we have Schwinn AC's at our gym and I'd say a similar student "profile" as what you're describing. Love the fact that the Schwinn MPower console allows us to cue to easy reminder numbers like RPMs, just as you said. Some of my students are definitely rhythm challenged, and giving them a simple number goal is a great solution!

9. Default

Agree with this - I like the Keiser bikes for all the information that they provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwest7 View Post