Thread: Rick Goodchild's Ride of Hope 3

Blog Entries

Default Rick Goodchild's Ride of Hope 3

Rick Goodchild and I wanted you to have advanced notice of a very special event Rick is organizing in Brighton UK.
    The Ride of Hope 3 is a 12 hour indoor fitness marathon using Indoor bikes, Krankcycles® and rowing machines to raise Ł25,000 for Cancer Research UK.
    Brighton, East Sussex, Saturday 10th August 2013
    On this day at The Brighton Centre, we will be staging a fully inclusive fitness event that has never been held in Brighton before. We will have people with disabilities training alongside able-bodied people on 25 Concept II rowing machines, 125 indoor bikes & 25 Krankcycles® to raise at least Ł25,000 for Cancer Research UK.
    This event will be in the form of 12 individual 50 minute “rides” led by some of the finest fitness professionals not just from England, but Europe & America too. Each ride will have an eclectic mix of music to inspire and motivate the participants and they will also have a wall of video footage to assist them too. Participants will be able to ride for as little or as much as they want to, from 1 ride to all 12 – many people will be riding the full 12 hours for many different reasons. We are anticipating near to 1,000 people to be a part of this amazing event which will amount to a lot of emotion & energy sweating hard for a tremendous cause that is so close to so many of our hearts.
    The Ride of Hope 3 will be open to anyone that wants to take part.

My wife Amy and I are planning to participate and I’m really excited to travel across the pond on my first trip to the UK.

We would love to have a bunch of Pedal-On members there to ride with us! Go and Like the Ride of Hope Facebook page and leave a note of support or let Rick know if you’re planning to attend.
    You can also email Rick with questions, your offer to help or to participate as a sponsor of this awesome event.
    We’re planning to introduce some of the scheduled Instructors in the months ahead, so stay tuned.

You can hear Rick describe the event on the Podcast.

I have to thank you John,for not only supporting my event this year,but the previous 2 years as well. Any time I have asked you for anything to donate as a raffle prize or gift,you have delivered. It will be my pleasure to finally meet you & Amy in my home town of Brighton.

This event is growing so much that some days I have things happen that are shocking me!

Thanks John, would it possible for you to add a link to where we can make donation?

And good luck to you Rick, I wish I could afford to be there.
    SpinBob
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
    Spotify

Hey Bob,thank you

Donations can be made at www.justgiving.com/therideofhope3

Super excited....next year is going to be E.P.I.C.!!!!

Thanks Rick and if there is anything I can do to help, posters or design work, pease let me know.
    SpinBob
    Spotify

Am really looking forward to this event, only able to do 6 hours due to other commitments but if its anything like the 4 hours event I did a few weeks back with 20 people this is going to be an amazing experience and all for a very good cause.

John,
    Did you ever make it to Brighton for this? If so, how was it?
    SpinBob
    Spotify

Blog Entries

Frustratingly no. My wife's parents had health issues that kept us here in the USA. I need to catch up with Rick to hear what happened.

Sorry to hear that, hope everything is better now.
    SpinBob
    Spotify