Thread: Trainer suggestions.

Default Trainer suggestions.

In the course of downsizing for her move to CA, one of the things the daughter parted with was her CycleOps trainer........not realising that the Davis area has a nasty winter rainy season. I'm thinking of one for her Christmas present.

Does anyone have comments to help the decision along. These are what I've been looking at (advertising ban or no......I'm not going to impose on anyone to do their own hunting down answers to questions I'm asking)

http://www.cycleops.com/en/products/...&category_id=3

The power beam pro isn't on the Christmas list.....just to make it easier. Any advantage to the Super magneto Pro over the fluid2, for instance. Or any other options within the price ballpark

Vivienne
    Last edited by Vivienne; 11-22-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Something I would consider that's getting a lot of buzz, but I haven't tried one.

http://www.lemondfitness.com/product...ond-revolution

Todd......I've spent more time than I should've checking out websites and whatnot (even made a visit to my LBS) The Lemond gizmo definitely looked like something to consider. Until I stumbled onto.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cC0S...eature=related This bad boy is noisy......a veritable Concord and enough to set neighbourhood car alarms off!!!

Still have plenty of time to get my mind changed, but right now I'm leaning towards that Super Magneto Pro

Vivienne

So....the CycleOps Super Magneto it is........purchased from my LBS on Small Business Saturday and hopefully on its way to CA (with permission to open it before Christmas if the daughter can't wait)

Just so she has a "surprise" (not to be opened ahead of time!) I'm going to be sending all her Coach Troy DVDs and......Gene's "Dirty Dozen" DVD (I bought one for myself at the ICI conference and have purchased a second for Dr. Baby, it's so fun!) Epic Planet's "Epic Wine Country" DVD (Napa Valley.....an obvious choice!) and the "Paceline Cycling in France" from the Global Rides series I also bought at the ICI conference.

I've also treated dh to the Epic Planet's RedWing DVD that features John and his memsah'b on a tandem. I fancy this might persuade him that this is what we should be doing in order to ride together....... although I'm wondering if it's the norm for the bloke to be riding "stoker"....any opinions, John?

IIRC, we had a regular poster years ago (Legspeed maybe?) who invested in a Co-Motion velo for just this purpose of cycling with the missus. Am I mis-remembering??

Vivienne.....maybe there's no money left in the family exchequer for my Keiser
    Last edited by Vivienne; 11-28-2011 at 11:47 AM.