Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vegetarian protein sources

1. Default

Beans, quinoa and brocolli are my three main sources. I also use Arbonne protein which is certified vegan and soy and gluten free.

2. Default

I keep a large bag of raw almonds from Costco in my desk drawer at work and use them anytime I need a pick me up

Quote Originally Posted by carrahleigh View Post
    I keep a large bag of raw almonds from Costco in my desk drawer at work and use them anytime I need a pick me up
    I do this too, and I'm not vegetarian!! ;-)
    sometimes low self-esteem is earned. it's the correct response if you are not trying your best. do something about it. - Michael Koppelman

My Blog for Instructors (no longer updated, but some useful stuff) * Charleston RIDE™ * Spotify

4. Default

There are various vegetables that provide rich amount of the protein for the weight management and muscles recovery.
    The vegetarians who don't want to eat animal based protein foods they can eat veggis proteins for maintain their muscular health. The more rich veggies sources of the protein are broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, kale, peas, soybeans, green beans, and nuts.

adamprowse fitness
    Last edited by Jonsoran005; 12-14-2013 at 02:16 AM.

5. Default

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Veggie based protein - if you have a Whole Foods near you, you have to try General Tsao's vegan chicken. Love the stuff and I'm not vegan. Add some steamed broccoli and rice (preferably brown) and you would never know it wasn't meat. It's a little pricey $12.99 I think for 1 pound, however, portion it out and you've some great dinners.

I also love their vegan chicken salad - just the right amount of 'mayo'.

I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian or any sort, however, I do dabble and have at least 1/2 my meals each week not be meat or fish.

I like to experiment.
    Cycle Happy!
    EuroD
    Cycle Instructor Emeritus
    Star 3 Spinning Instructor
    Schwinn Certified Cycle Instructor
    AFAA Primary Certification
    Spotify

7. Default

I use hemp protein powder in my smoothies. Not a huge amount of protein but a good way to work some in with each meal.

8. Default

Eggs and dairy also fit the bill, which is an easy get for the vegetarians, but there are plenty of other ways to get complete proteins.

You're an MLM marketer....unless proven otherwise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123