Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Why is Music, Profiles, & Professional Development marked private?

1. Default

I thought I would test the 'reply with quote' button because then your information would be on page one instead of the last page

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    "Hey, I've been using Pedal-On for years, but now I can't access the Music, Profiles, & Professional Development section... why is that?"

To encourage participation here at Pedal-On the long standing policy has been that the Music, Profiles, & Professional Development section was only available to members who have actively contributed 10 or more posts.

Except I just found that the settings for this wasn't turned on, so people who may not have contributed anything received the same access as those who actively contribute.

I'm a big believer in the concept of "Fair Exchange" and see it as fundamental for the success of our community.

Access to Music, Profiles, & Professional Development now requires 5 posts... 10 would be better

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1. Start by introducing yourself here. Click "New Thread" and start typing.
    2. Thank someone. There are people who provide a lot of help and guidance here. Take a moment and thank them. Click "Post Reply" and show your appreciation.
    3. Ask the question that has always bothered you. It maybe a cliche, but the only dumb questions are those left un-asked.
    4. Alert all of us to something interesting, new or cool. Feel free to post a link to something of value that you feel would be of interest to others. If the link doesn't benefit you directly and it's of obvious value, post it... along with why you feel it's worthy.
    5. Promote a local Indoor Cycling event.
    6. Post a joke. or laugh at someone else's and tell them you did.
    7. Add an event to our Community Calendar.

What are you waiting for?

Update: Your Post count will show in the top right corner of a post you create. If it's showing 5 or more and you still see "Private" try logging out and then back in.

Update 6/20
    If your post count is over 5 and you are still seeing the areas marked as Private your computer may have a cache (stored file information) that needs to be cleared:

Try this -

1. Click the Log Out button in the top right-hand corner.
    2. Close all of your Browser windows (Internet Explorer, Safari, Fire Fox - what ever you are using)
    3. Open a new Browser window
    4. Log in to Pedal-On

That should reset everything.

If not -
    1. Click the Log Out button in the top right-hand corner.
    2. Close everything and re-start your computer.

2. Default

Thank you!!

3. Default

Thank you for the information.

Golden, Colorado

I will keep an eye open see if your desire to be part of this forum translates to more than getting an *in* to the private parts.......or if you will be a future contributor to ensure the viability of a site such as this. You know what I'ma talking about......and if you don't *WE* do.

5. Default Thanks

Good to know!

6. Default

re regiter now..and cannot read any profile site

7. Default

thanks a lot i ll

North Wilkesboro, NC

Thank you! 😊

Golden, Colorado

FWIW, the *private parts* bit of this website are designed to exclude the folk who want nothing more than to get access to *SECRETS*......and then bugger off.

Back in the day, even before I realised that you had to post 10 meaningful posts (yes....that's what it was!!) I'd found umpteen threads that had occupied my interest and caused me to make a response.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233