Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those who have ridden Keiser M3s, please respond asap!

Smile Love them!

The good outweighs the bad with the Keisers. Like anything, people resist change. I love the Keisers as an instructor because I feel people can really challenge themselves b/c the computer holds them accountable! In a normal class, cadence checks work but they are not something you can do 5x/minute. With the computer in front of the rider, they can work to maintain a certain cadence etc. They are the best. I think if you and your fellow instructors are confident and excited about the bikes, the members will feed off your enthusiasm. I absolutely love teaching on them and wish every gym had them!
    Michelle

Blog Entries

As one of the "insiders" for Keiser's development (not because we are exclusive Keiser shop, but only because we latched on to them early in their design process and they needed good feedback), I can tell you the fore-aft adjustment is coming. I saw the prototype at IHRSA in one of their "off-show" rooms. It will address most of the problems mentioned on this forum.

They had planned to release it, but the rigorous stress testing revealed some fatigues in the metal and this forced them to not accept what was supposed to be the production ready model. I have 10 MORE bikes on order myself, but have decided to wait - so I want them as badly as anyone else. Nevertheless, I'd rather they continue to stress test the HE_ _ out of them before releasing them. It's a tough business to be in, but doing quality work, always will take longer.
    Gene (Gino) Nacey
    Master Heart Zones Instructor
    Spinning Instructor
    USA Cycling Coach
    Owner, Global Ride Training Center &
    Global Ride Productions (virtual cycling DVDs)
    Founder, Cycling Fusion

Always finish strong!

Follow me on Twitter
    Follow me on FaceBook

I called Keiser the other day and they informed me it would be apx 3 more months of testing before they make any decisions the handlebars.The good news is they are very high on quality control.

Thanks Gene and taowave--this is EXCELLENT info! I will keep talking to the folks at my club and see what we decide to do.

Meanwhile, subliminal messages...*keiser...keiser...keiser*

Spoke to Keiser again and they informed me when the new bikes come out,the price will be increased.Needless to say,I wasnt thrilled to hear that.They also could not give me an estimate of what it would cost to retrofit the current design.

As much as I like Keiser,I am now going to check out the Freemotion Fitness line of bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sharimiranda View Post
    Thanks Gene and taowave--this is EXCELLENT info! I will keep talking to the folks at my club and see what we decide to do.

Meanwhile, subliminal messages...*keiser...keiser...keiser*

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taowave View Post
    Spoke to Keiser again and they informed me when the new bikes come out,the price will be increased.Needless to say,I wasnt thrilled to hear that.They also could not give me an estimate of what it would cost to retrofit the current design.

As much as I like Keiser,I am now going to check out the Freemotion Fitness line of bikes.
    I was talking with a Keiser sales rep the other day (he lives in our city but represents another region). Asked about a retrofit kit and he said it wouldn't likely be possible - the whole frame design was being changed.
    Work and train smart, not hard. But be smart enough to know that sometimes it does take hard work to accomplish your goals.

Follow me on Twitter

Hi CG,
    From the company

You will be able to retrofit the handle bars but I do not know what the cost will be. I hope this helps
    I just recieved another email from the company,and they stated in no uncertain terms,the handlebars will be able to be retrofitted.

I am waiting for some info if the new bikes will be identical with adjustable handlebars,or a new design.

They have no info on pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleGuy View Post
    I was talking with a Keiser sales rep the other day (he lives in our city but represents another region). Asked about a retrofit kit and he said it wouldn't likely be possible - the whole frame design was being changed.
    Last edited by taowave; 04-18-2011 at 03:20 PM.

We just got the Keiser M3 at our facility a month ago. Previous to this we had Schwinn IC Pro/Elite. I must say that the ride on the Keiser's are great. The ride is extremely smooth and love the fact of the console which keeps member accountable to the workout.

Default HeatherG

I ride on the Keiser M3 2-3 times a week and I am 5'2" on a good day . Initially I thought that the handlebars would be an issue for me, but they are not a problem at all for my very short frame (and legs). I get a much better ride and feel better compared to my ride on other models. I do love the smooth ride, the ability to discuss power ouput with my classes and the fact that the flywheel is in the back. I tend to sweat on the flywheel on bikes with flywheels in the front if I am not careful. The water bottle holder is annoying, but tolerable. If you must purchase soon, I would definitely go with the current model and your riders will be thrilled.

Thanks for the continued posts from you guys. It's fun to check back and see that more folks have commented.

Here's an update...

**We're getting the bikes!!!!!!!!!**

I. Cannot. Wait.

Shari

I teach at a facility with Keisers and I LOVE them. We used to have LeMond's and a lot of those were messing up, so we went with Keiser this time around. The first few weeks I taught on these bikes, I thought I was going to throw up after class because I was working so much harder on them than I did the LeMonds. Something about seeing the "gear: you're in and watching the computer just mentally makes you want to go harder. I've taught 3/4 classes a week for 6 years and after switching to these bikes, I feel like I've got a whole new "workout".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast