Best Velocity Air Circulator – Buyer’s Guide
Velocity air circulators are a great addition to any residence or commercial-grade area. These can include your own bedrooms, gyms, workshops, warehouses, factories, and many more. In this article, we will be discussing the features of some of the top air circulators on the market, so let’s get to it.
A velocity air circulator is a device that works to increase the flow of air in a room. It is basically a fan and an exhaust combined. It is a convenient and easy way to make any musty or stuffy space feel more open and airy.
Top 5 Velocity Air Circulators
Below, we have reviewed the top five air circulators on the market. Let’s look and see what makes them truly stand out from the rest.
1. Tornado 24 Inch Industrial Grade UL Safety Listed High Velocity Air Movement Heavy Duty Drum Fan
This amazing circulator is the perfect addition to your workshop, factory, etc. It will make sure that the airflow travels far, and the space feels light and airy while losing all of its stuffiness.
The package consists of a 24-inch roll-around tilt fan, whose tilting ability actually makes it even more ideal for your garages, basements, covered patios, workshops, and even warehouse and factory stations. It tilts a full 360 degrees, making sure that the air flows towards every corner easily.
The airflow and air delivery of this fan is pretty awesome. With three different settings, it can reach up to 5000 CFM, or cubic feet per minute, at low, 6000 CFM at medium, and 7800 CFM at high, all of which are pretty decent distances. It is also ranked as the most powerful drum fan on the market because of its heavy-duty, three-speed thermally-protected PSC motor. It is also one of the quietest fans, with 40% less noise than its counterparts.
It also comes with a lot of additions that make it convenient to position in any way that you want. It can also be moved around easily because of the two handles located on top. The fan also comes with non-skid positioning legs with castors, aluminum fan blades, a three-speed setting rotary switch on the back housing, an OSHA-compliant rust-resistant grill, an eight-feet long power cord, and an amazing five-year motor warranty that will make sure to help you in case you get the unit damaged. Overall, this is one of the best fans on the market and will definitely be up to standard.
- Most powerful drum fan on the market.
- One of the quietest fans available.
- Contains two handles at the top for portability.
- Has a rust-resistant safety grill and a long power cord.
- Consists of non-skid legs with castors.
- Rear motor bearings grew extra hot after a few months of use in some cases.
- The Tornado 24’’ High Velocity Heavy Duty Tilt Metal Drum Fan is designed to move large air volume. Ideal for industrial, commercial, covered patio, warehouse, and factory stations. Not graded for outdoor use.
- Made from durable aluminum and powder coated steel construction, rust-resistant grille and 3 blade aluminum propellers with heavy duty steel housing. Premium open air over ball bearing motor. Extra-long 8 FT SJT-R power cord. 1.9 AMPS, 1100 RPM, 8540 CFM, 120V, 220 Watts, 60 Hz, 1/3 HP. Meets OSHA and UL507 standards, UL Safety listed. 1 Year Limited Warranty …
2. Air King 9318 Industrial Grade High Velocity Multi Mount Fan
This amazing unit is sure to make any space that is stuffy or uncomfortable breathable and easy to work in. It is a convenient piece of equipment that can be used to cool and circulate air in multiple industrial or commercial spaces, such as warehouses, offices, clubs of different kinds, loading docks, workshops, factories, and many more.
This fan is also great if you do not have much area available, as it can be mounted onto walls. Not just that, but ceilings or steel beams are also great areas to mount this fan. These make it really easy to save floor and table space, which is one of this unit’s strong points. It also makes it suitable for super busy areas like warehouses or bustling gyms and keeps the power cord off the ground so that no one accidentally steps on it.
It consists of a powerful three-speed, a one-phase motor that is very quiet in its functioning. The speeds this fan can reach are 2660 CFM with 1100 RPM on low, 2970 CFM with 1300 RPM on medium, and 3190 CFM with 1500 RPM on high. This fan basically consists of the finest industrial-grade motor available. Its steel construction also adds to its durability, plus the company added a powder-coated finish to the blade guard and mount for years of optimal performance. It also comes with a one-year limited warranty to protect against defects in materials and workmanship.
It also has a pivoting head that helps direct airflow and an easy mount for super-fast installation. Other features and additions for this unit include a rear-mounted nine-foot-long pull cord and a powder-coated steel blade guard. It will definitely be a great addition to your workspace.
- Powder-coated finish to blade guard and mount for durability.
- Pivoting head for direct airflow.
- Saves floor and table space as it can be mounted on walls.
- Consists of a rear-mounted pull cord.
- Industrial-grade fan motor requires little to no maintenance.
- Rear-mounted pull cord broke within a few months of use in some cases.
- Air circulation: 18-inch blades provide comfortable air flow, while the pivoting head allows you to direct air where you need it
- Multi-mount: Slim mount can be installed on walls, I-beams, and more with ease, making it ideal for any industrial setting
- Powerful: 3-speed, 1/6 HP, 120V, 1 phase, enclosed, ball bearing, permanently lubricated split-capacitor motor …
3. MaxxAir BF24TF2N1YELUPS 24-Inch 2-in-1 Air Circulator
This highly useful fan can be used in many places, most of which are outdoors or commercial. These can be workshops, patios, basements, job sites, etc. Basically, it is ideal for places that are frequented by people and are usually busy every day. And these kinds are the ones that desperately need such fans, as you want to make sure the place is not stuffy.
This high-quality unit can tilt airflow to a full 180 degrees, which makes sure that the air gets into every nook and cranny of the building. There is also an eight-foot power cord, which makes it easy to move it around. It can also be conveniently converted from a roll-around floor fan to a 52-Inch stand fan. That’s pretty good because then you can fix it in one spot.
The settings on this fan are also pretty great, as it can reach up to 2800 CFM at its low setting, while at high, it can reach up to 4000 CFM. It also has a rust-resistant grill that is completely compliant with OSHA. Overall, it is a pretty good product and should be kept in mind if you are looking for a good air circulator.
- Easily converts from a roll-around fan to a standing fan.
- Can tilt airflow to a full 180 degrees.
- Comes with an eight-foot power cord.
- Consists of a grill that is resistant to rust.
- Best for use in workshops, basements, and on patios.
- Some of the units overheated easily.
- BELT DRIVE DRUM FAN: This 42 in. belt-drive fan from MaxxAir is a prudent choice for just about any industrial application. Where people and machines need to be kept cool in the factory, warehouse or other large area - or to keep animals comfortable
- HIGH VELOCITY FAN: It removes stale air and odors from the barn - look to this rugged, power-packed air circulator. It is a versatile workhorse that will provide years of dependable service …
4. XPOWER FC-300 Professional Grade Air Circulator
This fan is the ideal one if you are looking for something heavy-duty or for an area that requires a large amount of air movement, to make sure that it can help in rapid drying or ventilating. It is a great addition to any factory, workspace, job site, warehouse, etc. as it can help make them fully ventilated. This will only make your workspace better and make sure you are able to give your 100% at anything you do.
Its advanced manufacturing technology includes a four-speed operating switch that maximizes airflow control with an output of over 2100 CFM. There are also other useful additions, such as a three-hour timer, which you can set according to your preference. During this time, the fan will work continuously so that you can simply relax and forget worrying about it and just indulge in your work.
The fan also has a durable design and a rugged stand that lets it have a 360-degree rotational angle. This multi-purpose fan is also highly energy-efficient, as it can provide a high amount of airflow while only using 1.5 Amperes of electricity. It consists of advanced air fin guide technology, which efficiently provides air movement in multiple directions so that there is never a corner without the perfect temperature.
A heavy-duty ten-foot cord, a handle that can be used to move it around, a high torque motor that provides extended airflow, and light and compact injection-molded housing make this fan complete.
- Unique grill and blade design improve airflow.
- Comes with a rugged stand for a full 360-degree multidirectional airflow.
- Consists of an advanced, high-torque motor for extended working time.
- Provides maximum energy efficiency.
- Consists of a handle to move it easily.
- A few units had airflow issues and would not be great for continuous use.
- The XPOWER FC-300 is a high CFM utility fan with focused & extended airflow capable of whole room air circulation. Great for drying & cooling, especially in the home or office.
- POWERFUL & EFFICIENT –2100 CFM while drawing only 1 Amps thanks to the advanced high torque motor and unique grille design for focused airflow up to 120+ feet …
5. Vornado 293 Heavy-Duty Air Circulator Shop Fan
This fan is perfect for any sort of commercial areas, such as warehouses, shops, factories, etc. that may actually not be habitable without proper air circulation and ventilation. No one likes to sit in stuffy rooms, and this unit can easily be your ultimate work companion, as it probably will help in improving your performance because you are comfortable while working.
It has been assembled in the USA and has a nearly indestructible body that is built to last. There is also a ruggedly designed handle that helps to move it around and keep it in any position you like. It is also highly flexible because it can be placed almost anywhere, and this way, you can enjoy its ability and use it to keep cool when the conditions get tough.
Its powerful, pivoting head makes sure that you can direct the flow of air wherever you need it. You can also choose from three different speed settings, 950 RPM at low, 1200 RPM at medium, and 1550 RPM at high. This way, you can easily customize it to your comfort.
It also has a unique feature that makes it stand out, which is the Vortex Action. This provides the whole room with circulation by moving air up to 100 feet. Its case is durable and rugged enough to stand the rigors of the job site, and the powerful ball-bearing motor is well-protected against dust and debris, and it also never needs oiling.
The fan features a highly stable steel base with non-slip feet, a ten-foot-long power cord, and a removable and easy-to-clean grill, which meets the OSHA safety standards. With a promise of a five-year warranty, this unit makes sure you know which one to choose when you go to buy a high-quality air circulator.
- Motor never needs oiling and is also shielded against dust.
- Has a tilt-able head for better airflow.
- Vortex action airflow allows air to travel further and faster.
- Consists of three different settings for precise airflow.
- Consists of a steel base and a durable body.
- Noisier than expected by most people.
- OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE— The 293 is the ultimate work site side-kick. Made in the USA of U.S. and imported parts, the nearly indestructible body is built to last, and the rugged, grab-and-go handle won’t slow you down.
- VERSATILE — Enjoy the flexibility to stand the 293 almost anywhere so that you can keep your cool when the conditions get tough. A powerful, pivoting head allows you to direct the air flow where you need it. Choose from 3 speed settings to tailor your air comfort …
So there you have it, some of the best air circulators on the market. Each of these is good for residential and commercial use and consists of features that are unique to them and them alone. All of the products that have been listed here are some of the top ones available on the market and are backed by good customer reviews. If you are looking into buying a quality velocity air circulating unit, then we hope this article will help you in choosing the right one.